St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU CHEESE WAFFIES


Hump Day is Here Speakies:

We are half-way to the weekend, so let’s see some smiles on those morning faces. A very funny man was born this date in 1906, Mr. Henny Youngman “King of the One-Liners.” Take my wife please. “Doctor, I have a ringing in my ears.” “Don’t answer!” It is an honor today for me to remember that funny man. Henny even had one-liners for everything, even us Polish people.


How do Polish people spell farm? E-I-E-I-O.


A Polish man had his vasectomy done at Sears. Now when he makes love, the garage door goes up.


There you go just a sample of the humor provided by Mr. Youngman. I may throw a few more out to you in the days to come.

The other day we had some great comments about Potato Chip Day so I thought we would carry the discussion over to other snacks we like, meaning pretzels, cheese doodles etc. We can even list the snacks from our childhood that no longer exist. I’m going to start this thing of insanity off so here we go along with the usual JoeyZ comments:

Cheese Waffies – a snack of the past, cheddar cheese between two cracker like wafers, they were good. I haven’t seen those in years.


Pretzels – I like mini sticks, rods, nuggets and regular shaped pretzels. I remember when I was a kid those mini pretzel sticks came in a small rectangle box that sold for a nickel.


Fritos – like the original flavor. I know they have a chili flavor now also.


Cheese Doodles – my favorites are the puffy ones and the crispy hard ones and they have to be the original ones of course; after you eat them you can paint a picture on a wall with your fingers. Roe likes doodles too.


Pub Mix – I like the spicy one, the best one is Utz’s Pub Mix a great mix of flavors and some heat and spice.


Cheese-Its – they are okay but not one of my favorite snacks.


Slim Jims – a snack to take on the go, I haven’t had one in years.

Well there you go Speakies I gave you the ones I like and remember, so put your thinking caps on and send JoeyZ your list of favorites. Have a great day and remember the Princeton Tigers play tomorrow at 2:55 follow them on the net or if you’re home on the tube.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I don't know how many of our brethren are down there who speak a bit of Pigeon Polish but here is a good way to set em' up like a bowling pin at the old Falcons Hall. (wink)

"So yer' Polish right?"

"Well what are those things, golomki; like stuffed cabbage?

Then what are those sugar things .. ummm .. kruschiki right? I'm learning some of this stuff.

But what in the heck are Garachkis? I ask every Polish guy I know but my mother used to talk about them all the time."

(wink) Be sure to put a lot of Slavic slur into the Gharrr-ach-kis part. Leave them stumped and then ask how they get the car out of the garage.

I'll fess up, a pal of mine got me on this. You start nodding yes, yes when they ask the stuff they got right and you then lapse into "helper" mode.

skipski

Anonymous said...

I think the pretzels in a box were Reissmans, pretty sure of it.

Those UTZ party mix things you mention got me. Yep, they got me back on "The Purple Pill" and got me a rabies shot too.

They looked too good a few week ago and I love that party mix kind of stuff. But ... HOT ... ?? Holy moly. I learned to pick through it and found my way eating around the "bad boys". Well, I dropped one of those little "green pea" things and the dog was on it. His little ears went up and was he PO'd thinking I tossed him a ringer.

We usually just stick with the mini pretzels but my wife does like those little Cheese-it's.

One of my weird favorites is a Ritz or Toll House with a tiny dab of butter and slather of peanut butter. Ever so often, not a regular thing of course.

skip

JoeZ said...

GOOD ONE SKIPSKI

Mack said...

Hi Joe & Skip.

Cheese waffles rock.
And for cheese doodles or puffs, I have never had bad ones, even store brand ones are pretty good.

JoeZ said...

Skip - Reissman's is right, the UTZ pub mix does not have those green peas down here, down here they love them spicy pork rinds that are hard as a brick. One of the most digusting things I ever thought to eat was those eggs and sausages in the jars on a bar. Give me nuts or pretzels.

JoeZ said...

Hi Mack: Cheese Waffies I have been craving for them since I wrote this post see what writing about food does. Thanks for all your comments.