St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, March 21, 2011

GOOD MORNING GUYS AND DOLLS


Good Monday Morning Speakies:

Hoping you all had a great weekend, there was college basketball a plenty to watch and I did catch a few endings of the games. I enjoy college basketball over the pros there’s more hard effort put into a college game and more excitement. A man goes to a psychiatrist. The doctor says, “You’re crazy.” The man says, “I want a second opinion!” “Okay you’re ugly too!” BAROOM BOOM.

I forgot a food holiday yesterday, it was “NATIONAL RAVIOLI DAY.” Where would we be without macaroni on a Sunday for dinner? If you are Italian you catch my drift on that one. For us Polaks it was always stuff cabbage Sundays, with the usual mashed potatoes and beets and Mom made enough to last all week long. My mom did a bulk of cooking on Sunday mornings making about 3 dishes that would serve as dinner all week long. On Fridays it was fish and chips from Top Road Tavern, I looked forward to that day. When I was in high school and staying the weekends at my grandmother’s house; Friday night meant tomato pie from Sam’s on Broad St. enjoyed by my buddies Lou, Richie, my cousin Tom and of course yours truly. You would get a whole pie for $1.50 that’s living.

Onward to the holidays we celebrate today. First of all it is “MEMORY DAY” and yes I know mine is starting to slip a little. At times Roe has a different opinion if I do or say something stupid. Just remember Guys and Dolls keep your grey matter active get a hobby, for me it’s writing this blog each day with different thoughts and feelings and when I retire next year fishing with my son. Remember just don’t sit there do something.

For our food holiday it’s “NATIONAL FRENCH BREAD DAY.” Yes that crusty bread you can have with butter, cheese, French dip roast beef, dip it in your Italian gravy, load it up with lunch meat or whack you kid in the head with it. Have some today, with a little wine, a little cheese and a little onion on the side.

Have a great day and evening Guys and Dolls and be careful out there.

5 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe
Landolfi's Ravioli made right around the corner from our ole house in the Burg on Cummings Avenue in the triangular building that was once a theatre long ago...yum:)

JoeZ said...

I remember the place Mack they were the only ravioli to buy unless you made homemade. I still remember eating the good old Chef Boyardee ones for something in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

Can we please stop this food stuff since I still can't eat much? Give a guy a break will ya?

And of course "Wifey" comes waltzing in with a loaf of our Shop Rite's hot French bread then puts on chili yesterday. I had toast.

"yum" .. I usually cringe when commercials come on but those "Red Robin" ones with the robber and now the boy in the girls room are cracking me up. Then they show that juicy burger with onions and fries and .. I cry. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

skip ... hope Roe is up and at em!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine, well we made marginal money but he always ate high on the hog, but finally, he coughed up the secret. He would "back door it" at all the Burg spots after closing time. Hudson Gardens and Roma Hall, the kitchen help would sell him foil pans of left over and he said most was "custom" made but from Landolfi's. And I always though he was a great cook.

skip

JoeZ said...

Skip back door meals never heard of that one before. For the non-pub, very easy however Roe set me up. go to www.blogger.com and see. Follow the steps.

Roe is still in doing tests all those antibiotics can really screw you up. Thanks for the concern. Chili on toast different, I had a fish sandwich and fries at the hospital yesterday tore both ends up. Have a great day.