St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PUT A TAG ON THAT CRAB


Happy Hump Day Speakies:

I’d like to first of all wish Happy Birthdays and Happy Anniversaries to all my Guys and Dolls celebrating theirs today. May you day be filled with fun and lots of love. A Happy Birthday to a guy born in 1777, Alexander Orlowski, a famous Polish painter I wonder if my grandfather was related to him. A very popular Polish surname.

Today is “NATIONAL NAME TAG DAY”, so put your name tag on and be recognized. I’ll never forget that scene from National Lampoon’s Animal House were all the nerd guys are wearing name tags and sitting alone in one section of the frat house. Jamal meet Irving, Irving meet Kent, Kent meet Larry, that was some real funny stuff. That whole movie was a scream made up of nearly unknown actors at the time.

It is also “National Crabmeat Day.” I like crab but my favorite is still lobster meat I had to make that clear. Crab cakes are one of my favorites, but I always wanted to tackle cracking open crabs and digging out the meat from the claws or feasting on soft shell crabs. Every time I watch one of those Food Channel shows and they feature lobster or crab I wish I was there devouring plates of crab or lobster dripping in butter. Roe loves crab cakes and if you are ever in Central Florida, Maggiano’s has great crab cakes as an appetizer and if there is a Maggiano’s where you live I would recommend you give those crab cakes a try. I guess you can say seafood dishes are my favorite. There are so many dishes I would like to try but it seems I always go back to the same. Here are a few of the things I would like to try to eat:

A LOBSTER ROLL
.
A CHICAGO HOT DOG WITH THE WORKS – I DON’T KNOW ABOUT MY STOMACH ON THAT ONE.

A DIPPED CHICAGO BEEF SANDWICH.

A WHOLE LOBSTER WITH A BIG BOWL OF MELTED HOT BUTTER
.
A GOOD TOMATO PIE DOWN HERE – I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DREAM A LITTLE.

There’s my list Speakies, enjoy the day, good eating and have a pleasant evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For $4 in 1980, you could get a "cull" (one claw), slaw, fries, butter and a drink at the Harraseeket Lunch & Lobster in Maine.

I took a course for school that summer and at a lot of lobster. A few years ago a lobster lunch was $40 so I ended up eating a lot of cod. I like cod so that was OK by me but I keep thinking of those cardboard trays and butter running down my chin.

Skip

JoeZ said...

I'll take a beer battered flounder with fries, slaw and tartar sauce. Use to love fishing out of Atlantic Highlands for fluke, caught tons had them cleaned on the boat and Roe had dinner that night the rest frozen. Still want a lobster roll.

Anonymous said...

Oh! That sounds too good. For a few years I had a boat and loved the flounder fishing it was good off "Barney" or the Beach Haven inlet. I came to actually like the thin belly cuts they were a bit more tasty. With the cost of gas it was costing me about $50 a trip and sadly had to give up the boat.

Joe, if you ever fish north again try the bluefish "cheeks" .. there is a little piece of meat behind the eye. It's "the best part".

skip ..

Anonymous said...

OK! I want to speak with the Head Bozo. Yeah, the one in charge of complaints and getting my BP up and out of shape.

Sometimes, I come here for the music. And usually it's pretty good and sometimes I turn it on for "background" or to get that cool song back in my head.


Today it has been horrible. A quick intro to The Big Bopper and poof. Some evil clown laughing.

I hope the management here can rectify this and the sooner the better.

Thank You,

Skup :)

JoeZ said...

Skip: Don't think I'll head up north again, I liked fluke fishing better than blues. I'll speak to the head bozo and see if we can get rid of laugh, the head bozo tries of keep changing the music. If you get PBS new show with Doo Wop, Rock and Oldies great show.

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
Not a fan of most seafood but I love crabcakes:)

JoeZ said...

Crab cakes are good, I love seafood more than most beef dishes but I'll never pass on a good steak.