St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CHIPS, DIP BUT HOLD THE TURTLE ON THE SIDE


Happy Hump Day Speakies:

Well Elizabeth another holiday celebration for you, me and I’m sure a lot of my Guys and Dolls out there. Today is “NATIONAL CHIP AND DIP DAY.” I bought some chips on Sunday a new flavor Macaroni and Cheese and brought some to Roe in the hospital to try, they tasted like butter instead to both of us, and I can only hope I am not losing my taste for chips. I get that way at times no ice cream for a year than I go crazy for some not a lot just to savor the taste of it. Now back to chips and dip. For dipping I prefer a ruffled potato chip something sturdy because when I scoop up the dip it fills the entire chip I’m a hog so what. My favorite dip has always been French onion it has the right bite that completes the taste of the chip. If it is not available a medium salsa or picante sauce will do, even a spicy cheese sauce will make my chips happy. I guess you can call me a chipper kind of guy. So Elizabeth and my potato chip and dip Speakies get those chips and dips out tonight and enjoy.

The Dixie Ice Cream Cup made its debut in 1912. I remember those as a kid you always had to eat them using that wooden spoon. Vanilla and Chocolate were the flavors as I remember and of course you had to lick off the lid before you took your first bite of ice cream.

Lastly we honor those slow moving creatures that sometimes can snap and bite off your finger for it is “NATIONAL TURTLE DAY.” I still remember that old cartoon from TV, the race between the Tortoise and the Hare and that goofy voice and face of the tortoise still cracks me up. We have a great variety of turtles here in Florida and I’ve seen many crossing the roads and nearly crushed and many times drivers getting out of their vehicles to move the turtles to safety.

Well Speakies enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening too.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi JoeZ
I do the same thing with Ice Cream
...suddenly I will realize its been like a year since my last ice cream and I will go and get some:)

I hope Roe is out of the hospital as soon as possible and feeling better.

JoeZ said...

Cravings are strange, I wanted some thing cold last night so ice cream was it. Hopefully Roe will be home in a few days. Thanks Mack.