St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, March 11, 2011

GOOOOOOO PRINCETON


GO TIGERS:

Making another quick stop. I forgot my Princeton Tigers are playing against Harvard tomorrow night for the Ivy League basketball title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament. Princeton has always been my favorite college basketball team along with their football team. My dad worked for the university and took me to see many a football game there on Saturdays at old Palmer Stadium. My son Joe and I use to go see the basketball games at Jadwin Gym when we lived up north. Those are memories I will always have with me.

SO TO MY TIGERS GOOD LUCK, VICTORY AND FOR YOU ALL A LITTLE “TIGER RAG.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, perhaps a double post because I got a "Service 403 Error" .. ?

Zeffuti one "place" down the hill from the corner of Ohio Avenue on Olden. Almost across from the Eagle Bakery but slightly down the hill. Next door was Capitol Sporting Goods.

It was a great place to meet and eat and we (not wild at all), would take over the front room. It was up a few steps and had a great view of the neighborhood. This time of year, Lent was special and we would sit over a mushroom with extra cheese and moan about when we could have our sausage pie again.

Lent was also when I was smaller, Mom would send me running for orders of the beer battered fish with fries and slaw. To this day, I think the cod was the best I have ever had. This weekend I am going to try real food and will head for the Ship Inn in Milford (up the river), since the fish is almost ... :) ... as good.

skip

JoeZ said...

Skip, no double post, I keep getting errors a lot lately. Now I remember seeing the place, never ate there. We were a Cassiani tomato pie family and we visited my dad's sister it was always DeLorenzo's. I could go for some Top Road fish and chips myself tonight. Have a great weekend and eat some solid good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, Larry from Top Road and my Mom are in the same rest home. Larry was the taller of the two owners, I think Tony was the other one. They too made a good pie but I haven't had a pie from there in about 10 years.

Cassiani was the pie I grew up on and my favorite hands down. Do you remember Kenny from Ellis, he was about your age. We just about lived at Cassiani. Back then we would occasionally each order a pie. Then it was "roll me home" time.

JoeZ said...

Skip: What was Kenny's last name sounds familiar but I can't place him.
My wife made a homemade pizza last night I like hers more than the ones you get down here.