St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, March 14, 2011

HEY! ELIZABETH IT'S OUR DAY


Happy Monday Morning Speakies:

HOW ABOUT THEM TIGERS, A GREAT IVY VICTORY AND NOW ONTO THE NCAA TOURNAMENT AGAINST THEM KENTUCKY CATS. GOOD LUCK GUYS.

Hoping you all had a nice weekend and accomplished everything you wanted to do. Of course those of us who live under Daylight Savings Time lost an hour of sleep and it seems it takes forever to catch up with the rest you need. Well we can’t do a thing about it so let’s start the week off with a cup of coffee and a smile.

As we start this third week of March we celebrate the following:

National Art Week so if you like to paint, draw or just doddle do it and have fun this is your week. Encourage the little ones, who knows you may have another Picasso brewing deep inside.

Goof Off Week – I’m sure there are loads of fans for this holiday celebration probably some that celebrate it all year long. Go ahead Speakies goof off you deserve it.

Good Old American Chocolate Week – alright Dolls this is your week get your fill of those bon-bons, truffles and Dove squares. I love chocolate too but don’t eat much of it; maybe I’ll have a piece this week.

NOW THIS IF FOR MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW “ELIZABETH” – IT IS “NATIONAL POTATO CHIP DAY.”


Elizabeth and I both love our chips, we are potato chip freaks so is our day to celebrate. Elizabeth has her favorites but I’m going to list some of mine and see if you match the old JoeyZ’s favorites.

Wise Potato Chips – plain and they have a new spicy barbeque.


Charles Chips – delivered in those cans, I haven’t seen them here.


Utz Potato Chips – a friend once sent me a whole box of assorted chips when I had cancer years ago; shrimp was the most unusual flavor.


Target brand (Market Place) has those crunchy style chips most of them are really good. They have a BBQ flavor that is hot as hades. Let’s just face it I love chips and so I say on behalf of Elizabeth and I raise your chips up and crunch them down.


Have a wonderful day and evening and enjoy whatever you do today.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, yes I got another error message.

UTZ were a mystery company for years. They had a huge sign in center field at Yankee Stadium and that was all it said ... "UTZ", so I had no clue till they hit our Shop Rite a few years ago.

Wise, were my favorite but UTZ has taken that slot not being as salty and they stay fresh for a week. Wise seem to get an off taste two days after the bag is open.

Ohhhhhh you got me wanting a liverwurst & oninion with a dash of mustard topped off with a mound of chips.

I miss the days of Charlie Chips. I was a fan of Wise but it was so cool getting something delivered.

skip

JoeZ said...

Can't figure the error messages I get your comments. I love onions but lately they just repeat constantly, there was nothing like a burger with a big slice of raw onion on top of it and add a slice of tomato. Dogs with onions another tasty favorite of mine.
I have to check for Charles Chips down here.

Mack said...

Potato Chips...

Junior Four had bendable Potato Chips lol.

Cumberland Farms had Chips for 5 cents that were their own brand and had no label, just a clear bag.

I think Herrs makes the best potato chips but they are all good.

JoeZ said...

Mack no Herrs down here but any chips in storm.

Anonymous said...

What gets up MY dander, get me hot under the collar or, my tightie whities in a twist are ..

potata-FAUX chips

If is is all mashed up and processed, that is a tater like thing or perhaps "a chip".

Real potato chips can not interlock in a tube and like snowflakes, no two are alike.

Whew .. rant over? I feel better.

skip

JoeZ said...

Skip and Mack: Mack I remember seeing Herr's in small bags at a Philly Cheese steak place in Orlando, original cheese steaks they even sell Tasty Cakes.

Skip: what gets my gander if opening a bag and finding it filled with air.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I just had the Chilli Cheese Ruffles Potato chips when i came home. Yumm...

Love,

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

No sooner do I turn on the tube and they make comment as to, since you mentioned shrimp, Pringles in Europe have introduced "Soft Shell Crab".

Ya' know if I saw either one of those I would have to try it.

The first "Salt & Vinegar" was a treat but it seemed to get more intense later?

JoeZ said...

Never had salt and vinegar, in fact I don't even like vinegar on fish and chips, give me ketchup or tartar sauce. Crab chips no.

JoeZ said...

Elizabeth, you are welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed those chips. If you see them get me a bag, Publix and Target did not have them, I was tempted to buy funions but opted for Target plain chips.

Love, Papa Z