St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, March 10, 2011

WHAZZZ UP WITH BLUEBERRIES


Happy Thursday Guys and Dolls:

Expecting some Thunder Storms today after enjoying a beautiful day yesterday, one has to take the bad with the good. We have a food holiday to celebrate; it is “NATIONAL BLUEBERRY POPOVER DAY.” I never had a popover but I do like blueberry muffins they are so good and go great with a cup of coffee in the morning, wish I had one now. I wish I had time for eggs, bacon, home fries and toast in the morning but for a working stiff it doesn’t fit the schedule. I have to wait for the next cruise I take to enjoy a breakfast like that. It’s funny I enjoy a cup of coffee at work in the morning with a snack but over the weekend I usually never have coffee or breakfast.

For you history buffs here are a couple of interesting things that occurred today:


The first paper money was issued in the US today in 1862 – it was probably the size of a piece of paper towel in those days.


In 1831, the French Foreign Legion is formed – those desert fighters’ us as kids wanted to be. Imagine living in those big forts in no-man’s land and fighting the bad guys of the desert sand. They still exist today check out the internet for an interesting history of the legion.


In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell transmits the first telephone call. He calls Mr. Watson and says, “Whazzzz Up Watson.” Not really he actually says, “Come here, Mr. Watson, I want to see you.”

Roe and I tried a new restaurant the other day for lunch after some doctor appointments. The place was called Crave, described as fresh, vibrant and American. The lunch menu was not my cup of tea with that pita, salads, flatbreads etc. They did list the Crave burger with smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickle and fresh cut fries. Sounded good to me, Roe was going to order the Margarita pizza but shifted over to the Bull’s-eye burger. The burgers were big and tasty could only eat half; the fries were plentiful and filling the same with Roe’s burger platter. A little pricy for lunch, give me a Five Guys burger and a bag of fries or a couple slices of greasy crunchy crust pizza with a root beer and I’m fine. If you like those kinds of foo foo food give the place a try if you come down here.

That is it for today Speakies have a great day and evening. Be careful out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few bushes left in the yard because I love blueberries. I had twenty at one point and used to just put them in like any other bush by the house but since I was never "technical" and well I have a "black thumb" instead of a green one, only two actually produce. My favorite aside from pie was a paper thin crepe just rolled around a handful of berries with a splash of whipped cream and a dash of maple syrup.

What was that show when we were kids about the French Foreign Legion? Up there with Ramar and Sky King as a favorite and I can't remember the name? Arggggg!

And good job on the music Capn' Joe. I don't know what you said to that guy but it worked.

:) ;) skip

JoeZ said...

Skip: Blueberry Pie is one of my favorites, I'll have to check on that foreign legion TV show and I'm glad you like the music, found some new ones today and moving things around, had to give that bozo a big nudge.

Anonymous said...

One I saw the photo of Buster it started coming back. All the way from 1955.

Captain Gallant Of The French Foreign Legion

Star was Buster Crabbe and he had a fall guy "Private Fuzzy".

Thanks again .. Skip

JoeZ said...

Bingo that is the show.