St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, March 4, 2011

WEEKEND WISHES ALL


Happy Friday Speakies:

The weekend is sneaking up on us and soon it will be that five o’clock hour, I may play a little song regarding that hour for you today so if you have sound turn it on. I usually make my Friday posts nice and short but I am excited about the weekend holidays. Today we celebrate one of my favorite desserts, “NATIONAL POUND CAKE DAY.” Pound cake is my favorite cake but it has to be nice and moist and I don’t care if it’s in a cake or a Bundt pan, just give me pound cake. I like plain with a touch of vanilla flavor, marbled, chocolate anything except coconut. Pound cake and coffee in the a.m. at work is great. So if you are a pound cake lover get out there and get some.

Saturday is “NATIONAL CHEESE DOODLE DAY.” I haven’t had them in a while but I like them all, crunchy, regular and even the white cheese doodles. Remember when you were little and your Mom use to yell “don’t get that yellow stuff on your shirt or my sofa.” One cannot help the orange fingers mothers of the world. We also celebrate “ALAMO DAY”, remembering those heroes who fought for Texas independence against Mexico.

We cannot forget "FROZEN FOOD DAY”, where would we be without those frozen TV dinners that come in handy in pinch when there is nothing left to eat. Let’s also hear it for “CHOCOLATE CHEESE CAKE DAY.” I love cheese cake, sounds like I love everything to eat. Back home they had a great cheese cake store called Michelle Lorie’s. They carried all different varieties and flavors of cheese cakes. Down here Publix Markets makes a cheese cake with assorted slices which is pretty decent. As much as I like cheese cake I find it too heavy to eat and can only do a small slice.

Oh well enough of JoeyZ rambling on. Have a great weekend, enjoy, share it with the ones you love and please be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we hung in there for months waiting for the news on where Michelle Lorrie would end up when retirement was on the horizon. Someone had to buy the recipe and name. The former Miss New Jersey was a legend. In the end they decided to just let it die along with so many other Burg institutions.

Pound cake? With the butter making my fingers slick with joy.

Now, Cheese Doodles had me going both ways. The taste was great buy they stick to your molars like, well, cheese doodles. So, if I have an ice cold Kearns Cream to wash them down, all is good.

And, after a trip to the surgery this week missing a few (they tell me not so vital), body parts I'm on a bland diet.

Said I .... "So doc when can I have that double fish & chips"

Said doc .... "You really don't appreciate the gravity of this do you Skip?"

JoeZ said...

Skip: Trenton has truly gone down. I read the local papers daily and the news articles make one shiver. Kern's soda a sorely missed libation on my part too. Sorry to hear about the surgery, listen to the good doc and grab a Papa's Pizza. Have a nice weekend Skip.