St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, March 7, 2011

COOKIES AND BUBBLE BLOWING


Good Monday Morning Speakies:

We are off to the start of another week and hoping it will be a good one for all my Guys and Dolls. I would like to thank my son Joe for repairing my car over the weekend, he is my master mechanic and all that schooling paid off. Thanks Joe.

As we begin the second week of March, we celebrate the following:

GIRL SCOUT WEEK – My little granddaughter is a Brownie and really enjoys all the things that they do and teach her. She also sold us a box of every variety of cookies. I encourage my Speakies to help these young ladies it’s for a great cause and a fine organization that teaches them about life and true morals.

PULMONARY REHAB WEEK – Good people helping others to breathe. Remember throw those cigs in the garbage, I wish I did long ago; maybe I would not have the problems I have today.

Now for the lighter side of the week because it’s "NATIONAL BUBBLE GUM WEEK.” That sugar stuff we chew, chew, chew and blow or pop bubbles. Me I’m a bubble popper and don’t laugh I only learned how to do this two years ago from Roe. I wonder how many different kinds of bubble gum there are in the world. I remember Bazooka Gum as a kid with that guy Bazooka Joe. There is Bubble Yum, Dubble Bubble and one of my favorites the one that squirts out liquid when you bite in. I have a favorite gum it’s called Stride and the flavors are great and they last, try some next time you see it in the store. I remember what I really liked as a kid was the waxed lips or mustaches that you could chew and how could I forget those wax soda bottles with the liquid; after you drank it you chewed the bottle like gum. Speaking of chewing I’d better stop chewing the fat and get busy.

Have a great day Speakies.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
Hope you are feeling better asap.

Bazooka Joe gum with the little comic strip YES.

And gum from a gumball machine.
The bigger gum in the gumball machine looked like a "jawbreaker" which was not gum but a sweet candy
you had to eat slowly. So there were times when you thought you had a large gumball but had a jawbreaker..but they were both good so no loss:)

JoeZ said...

Remember the chicklets in a machine and chewing Black Jack gum.