St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, March 1, 2013

WELCOME MARCH GUYS AND DOLLS

HAPPY FRIDAY GUYS AND DOLL:

Today we celebrate the first day of March 2013.  I hope it is a good day for all of you with a great weekend to follow.  March is also known as "Mustache Month."  It is known that groups of men, students or friends try to grow the perfect well groomed mustache over a fixed time period.  When I was in the hospital, I could not shave due to blood thinners so I am now the proud owner of a mustache and goatee.  So, if you guys want a facial hair challenge this is the month to give it a try.

NATIONAL SCHOOL BREAKFAST WEEK is celebrated this week.  I'm glad that students are given a good breakfast at schools to start their day.  There are probably many parents who don't have the time to make a good breakfast and even sadder some who do not care at all.

GO BOWLING DAY - I use to love to go bowling, but now with weight restrictions I'm out of the luck lifting those bowling balls.  Roe and I played in a mix league when we moved to Florida; it was fun and a good evening out.  Back in Trenton, as a boy, I bowled in a junior league at the Polish Falcon's Club.  They had four lanes and used pin boys. Those were the days.

PEANUT BUTTER LOVER'S DAY - I am not a big fan of peanut butter, but I know my sons are.  They'll eat it straight from the jar at times and enjoy every swallow.  So, peanut butter lovers, make your peanut butter sandwiches today and don't forget to mix in the jelly.

Hail to the pig today for it is "NATIONAL PIG DAY."  We thank them for all those products.  Ham, bacon, sausage, pork chops, pork ribs and those pulled pork sandwiches.  My favorite is ham with horseradish to give you that extra kick. 

As usual Speakies, have a great day and one wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both
equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I found this in my search for something concerning this.

my blog: Cooking Simple Vegetables

JoeZ said...

Thank you.