St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, March 18, 2013

GOOD MONDAY MORNING SPEAKIES

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend and you are ready for the new week ahead.  I have to make this a short post due to a doctor appointment soon.

March is "NATIONAL KITE MONTH."  As a young boy, my Dad purchased a kite for me.  We assembled the kite per the instructions, tied on the string and placed those rags in position.  We were ready for flight.  Dad drove me over to the Farmer's Market parking lot which was empty at the time and I wanted to be just like Benjamin Franklin sailing my kite so high.  It was a nice windy day.  I ran with the kite which rose towards the blue skies above climbing higher and higher until it got caught on the telephone lines.  The kite was gone forever but the memory of it's flight still lingers in my mind as part of my childhood.  Roe, the boys and I flew a kite here in Florida one Saturday it had heart but never made the altitude. Maybe I will try one day again and let my grandchildren do all the running.

NATIONAL ANONYMOUS GIVING WEEK, is celebrated in this third week of March.  Its a good feeling to give to those in need and it surely should warm your hearts.  Now on the lighter side, I am willing to accept some money from a wealthy anonymous millionaire.  I can dream can't I?  All in fun Guys and Dolls.

FORGIVE MOM AND DAD DAY - Whatever occurred between you and your parents, today is the day to make it right.  Put away those hard feelings, pickup the phone or pay them a visit before it is too late. I know I  had some issues with my Mom, and was happy to clear them before she passed on.  You do the same.

Have a great day.

No comments: