St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HAPPY TUESDAY GUYS AND DOLLS

GOOD MORNING SPEAKIES,

Welcome to Tuesday, March 12, 2013.  As usual Joey Z always hopes you are all having a great day so far and may it continue throughout the evening as well.  We are into the second week of March and let's see the holidays we honor this week and day.

BUBBLE GUM WEEK - The first bubble gum that comes to my mind is Bazooka Bubble Gum with good old Bazooka Joe with his tale or message inside the wrapper.  We had Double Bubble as well and that was a favorite of mine too.  Not only did we have bubble gum here are some old gums that still are being sold see if you remember them.  Beeman's, Black Jack, C. Howards Scented Gum (in that purple package) and of course Clove Gum.  Makes me want to go to the net and order some.

PULMONARY REHAB WEEK - Roe and I know the meaning of that, we still see our Pulmonary Doctor on a regular basis.  If you are still smoking, stop it now save your life for yourself and family.


NATIONAL OLDER PERSONS EMPLOYMENT WEEK -  I think if you are retirement age and can help on a part-time basis that is great.  My only objection is to the older workers who have been on a job for over 40 years, not allowing the younger workers to move up.  I have my personal reasons for saying this and my opinion will not change one bit.

FIRST LIBRARY OPENED -  Libraries can be traced as far back as 2600 B.C.  Ancient libraries were found in Egypt, China, The Library of Alexandria, the Roman Empire and during the Renaissance Period.  The first known US public library was in Boston, founded in 1854.

FOOD HOLIDAY FOR TODAY - Today we honor the Baked Scallop.  Roe and I love scallops grilled, baked, seasoned with bread crumbs and fried and also in Roe's Christmas fish stew. There are many varieties of scallops, ranging from the tiny, bay scallop to the larger, less tender deep sea scallops.  Beware of some unscrupulous markets that have been known to substitute shark for scallops.  Beware if the scallops are all of exactly uniform in size and shape, this is an indication of a fake scallop.  Speakies enjoy those scallops today and have some for me.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND EVENING.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe as a "see food" lover aside from the scallops trick from shark and ray fins, the other one that drives me nuts is the "crab salad" or now what Red Lobster is calling a "with lobster sandwich". About thirty years ago the Japanese came up with a pollock paste you could form into what looked like crab legs. Kind of like what Arby's does with roast beef, they pulverize it and then spray color it (to look like crab or roast beast),

I'd love to see the percentage of lobster in that "with lobster" sandwich, which is a take off on the Maine Lobster Roll Sandwich (all real chunks).

Skip and his dander of the day moment. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my horse, a kingdom for ... not a horse but a Zeffuti's Beer Batter order of Cod, thick sliced fries and a cup of slaw. It was real "hell" being Catholic during Lent wasn't it? Or pie with extra cheese and mushrooms? :)

Skip .. I noted that Maruca's made the "Man vs Food" reality show this week. Their claim is that a Trenton Pie's secret is that the cheese goes on first.

JoeZ said...

I need a soft shell crab sandwich. I've never had one, but down here this is not New England.

I loved fish and chips from Top Road Tavern. Now to hell with Lent. I want to see the menu for the Last Supper.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely think this amazing site needs much more attention.
I'll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the information!

Here is my web site - Cooking Simple Vegetables
my webpage > Cooking Simple Vegetables

JoeZ said...

Thank you Simple Cooking Vegetables. Happy you stopped by. Some days I make errors, so please forgive. Nice to have you back.