St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, September 2, 2011

WEEKEND WISHES ALL



Happy Friday Guys and Dolls:

It’s Friday and at the end of the day starts a 3-day weekend due to Labor Day on Monday. That means no writing for me on Monday. There are a few more holidays to celebrate over the weekend but let’s start with:

LABOR DAY – The first Labor Day in the US was observed on September 5, 1882, in Boston, by the Central Labor Union of New York. It became a federal holiday in 1894, following the death of a number of workers at the hands of the US military and US marshals during the Pullman Strike.

NEWS PAPER CARRIER’S DAY – How many of us were paper boys when we were younger? I know my Blog Buddy Mack was one and I substituted for a friend of mine when he went on vacation. So for all those who faced the weather elements and the early dawn hours we honor you this weekend.

CHEESE PIZZA DAY – I could talk about pizza all day, but from reading my blog you know I’m a fan of the Trenton Tomato Pie. DeLorenzo’s and Papa’s had the best but I could never forget the place that started me on the pizza craze Cassianni’s on Brunswick Ave. So in keeping up with the tradition everyone eats pizza this weekend.

TO ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT 3-DAY WEEKEND, REST, PLAY BUT MOST OF ALL BE CAREFUL.

8 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
I remember the Trentonian days.
They even gave us carriers a free trip to Great Adventure:)

JoeZ said...

Those were the days you had the morning route and me the evening.

Anonymous said...

I guess I am still "on the list" for those ads to get a route from the circulation department. neighborhood.

Sad reality was that The "D" brothers had a lock on the paper routes. If you wanted one it would cost you like $100 and then a percentage. Sharp guys those brothers. They even had us doing the routes for them when they were on vacation for free to move up on their list.

Joe, it was up two concrete steps and into heaven. Back then for a dollar my buddy Ken and I could each get a pie and few sodas.

In Skip's idea of heaven, the Cassianni sisters would be making the pies and well, what else do you need? OK, Mikes for a good honest cheese steak.

Noel said...

I helped my son move yesterday. I picked up 8 pizzas for the crew of helpers. So I had pizza on Pizza day! They were good but not tomato pies!

JoeZ said...

Skip: Who were the D Brothers? Sounds like extortion to me.

JoeZ said...

Noel: There is only one place for a tomato pie. Good old Trenton.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I just saw this so now I see where you were coming from.

Bob and his older brother Ronnie Dykas. They live on Heil by Princeton.

They played a good game when it came to "who gets the route", I delivered a lot of free days for them from Spruce down to Helen Fuld.

Skip

JoeZ said...

I knew Ronnie Dykas, send me your e-mail address Skip, I lost yours have to comment on the not for publication one.