St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AN ISLAND, CHOCOLATE MILK, NO MAKE MINE A PINA COLADA



Good Tuesday Morning Speakies:

Sorry did not have a chance to post yesterday, I had a busy schedule but I’m sure most of you know what that’s like at times. We have some holidays to celebrate today.

ANCESTOR DAY – I know a lot of people like to trace their family tree and have had great success tracing their ancestors back many decades. I tried to trace my last name and my grandparents but being Polish it is very hard. I always thought my grandfather was 100% Polish but his birth place came up Prussian- Poland. Maybe when I retire I give it another go. So if you are thinking of tracing your roots, today is a great day to start. Good Luck.

WORLD TOURISM DAY – Not too many places in the world I would feel safe traveling to now. You have pirates, mad bombers, kidnapping and who knows what other village idiots are on the loose. I’ll take a nice quite Caribbean island with a pool, hammock, pina colada and some nice beauty with a large fan making with the breeze. My true world destination would be to visit the South Sea Islands of Tahiti and Bora Bora, I look at pictures of these beautiful islands and find myself being called to it just like that movie South Pacific and the song “Bali Ha’i.” Dream with me as the song is being played for your enjoyment today.

Back to reality, time to eat and drink. What a food combination holiday today is.

CHOCOLATE MILK DAY – I haven’t had a glass of chocolate milk in a long time. I remember going to grammar school and we had the choice of white milk, chocolate or an orange drink. The white milk had a bad chalky taste to me , chocolate was good but the majority of the kids chose that good old orange drink. The Burg Diary in Trenton use to deliver milk and they had a good chocolate milk in those glass bottles with the paper top. Then came all those mixes to put in milk and make you own chocolate flavor. Later tonight hit the frig and have a nice cold chocolate milk before bed time.

CORN BEEF HASH DAY – That great partner with some scrambled eggs. When Roe makes eggs she uses roast beef hash instead. We like the flavor of it over corn beef. If you never had either give them a try. So much for today, have a great day and a lovely evening.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
I know how it is doing family research with slavic names. Half my family tree is from english speaking UK & Ireland and even THERE the spelling changes from
MacNicoll to McNicoll and McNicol
on various records. My slovak Zorichak ia Zoricek among other spellings over there.
As for national borders.. our Euro ancestors liked to put on silly hats and chase each other with guns and stuff from time to time so national borders were ever changing but I think prussian poles were still poles just as we slovaks remained what we were under the Austria-Hungarian Empire:)

JoeZ said...

Mack: It would drive me crazy trying to trace all my Polak relatives.