St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, September 8, 2011

IN THE PINK WITH THE WEIRDO TOSSED IN



Happy Thursday Guys and Dolls:

I smell Friday just around the corner and I would like to wish my Guys and Dolls who are celebrating birthdays and anniversaries today a very happy one from Joey Z. Guess what today is?

TEDDY BEAR DAY – Who didn’t have a teddy bear as a kid? I can’t remember if I had one but I probably did. I know my granddaughter has about 3 or 4 of them, those Build-A-Bears; she is so proud of them and treats them like her own children. Imagination what a great gift children have and share with us. Never lose it kids and I think that should go for us adults too. I know when Roe and I were dating I gave her a stuffed monkey and we called him Jozes. That’s Polish for Joey as a good Polish friend of mine at work told me how to spell it and I have to believe her.

WONDERFUL WEIRDO DAY – As Florida goes the weird are weird and not wonderful, strange is also a good word to use. I’m sure the other states in the union have their share of these wondrous walking, talking zombies. Now Joey Z is not criticizing the entire weirdo population for they can also be called eccentric. Great thinkers, writers, actors, business people, in fact many professional people have been called weirdoes so today my weird ones I salute and honor you.

For you Florida Speakies it is “PINK FLAMINGO MONTH.” Yes those plastic birds that adorn our front lawns or flower gardens. We had them outside our house off and on since we moved here. I put two up last year but our old friend the sun has turned them into albino flamingos, soon it will be time for new ones. I’ve seen lawns covered in flocks of flaming pink flamingos. For some scientific knowledge here the word flock is the proper term used. In place of flock when it comes to flamingos, one can use: colony, regiment, flurry, stand and my favorite a flamboyance of flamingos.

Think PINK Speakies, have a great day and evening.

No comments: