St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

LETS GO STROLLING, CREAM FILLED DONUT AND ALL



Happy Hump Day Speakies:

Another Wednesday has arrived and I hope I’m finding you all in good spirits and off to a productive day. Once again my happy wishes go out to those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries today. Some famous people birthdays today are:


Clayton Moore – The original Lone Ranger. Hi Ho Silver.
Walter Koenig – Mr. Checkov of Star Trek fame.
Jon “Bowser” Bauman – Singer with Sha Na Na.

Now for some holiday celebrations today:

FIG MONTH – Believe it or not, I never had a fig until two weeks ago. The local Publix store had buy one get one free. Now Roe enjoyed figs up north, our old neighbors had a fig tree and there was plenty to go around. After I bought them she asked me to try one and did I like the taste. You can call me Mr. Fig.

PLEASURE YOUR MATE MONTH – All I can say is, “I’M LEAVING THAT UP TO YOU.” No further comments from Joey Z.

LINE DANCE WEEK – There has been so many line dances over the years. I remember the Conga Line; country and western music had line dances as Latin music also. My favorite line dance was the Stroll. In fact the very first song on my site today is called the Dead Man’s Stroll, so enjoy a blast from the past, music that will never die.

CREAM FILLED DONUT DAY – Donut fans today is your day to dig into cream filled donuts. I like the round cream filled with chocolate inside and not really crazy for custard filled donuts. The best cream donut I ever had was from a bakery back home in Trenton in my younger days. We called them finger cakes, they were oblong shaped and filled with tons of cream. The bakery was Servus Bakery on Brunswick Avenue, a great bakery and a top notch cream donut.

That’s it for today Speakies, grab a cream filled, your mate and do the Stroll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were lucky to have Ron Chebura in our class at Saint Hedwigs. His dad who owned the Servus Bakery sent a huge sheet cake to the school on his birthday. You may remember the older brother Ron who went on to GMI and there was a younger brother Gene.

I was in there every day for the lady or walnut fingers, cream doughnuts .. you name it.

The magic of living behind the Servus was my bedroom was just behind the bake area and if you woke early in the summer with the windows open the smell was heaven; absolute aromatic heaven.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Can't beat the smell of a bakery.