St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT TWO BITS


Happy Tuesday Speakies:

Sorry for the short post yesterday but it was a busy day for me. Now I know you are all waiting for the answer to yesterday’s riddle. Drum roll please, the answer is an “EGG.” BAROOM BOOM. Let’s see what holidays we can raise our mugs to toast today.







BARBERSHOP DAY – I have to say the best haircuts I ever received were from Roe, she was a licensed beautician and did a great job cutting the boys and my hair. One day two years ago she told us she was retiring from the trade and we would have to find our own barbers. Do you know what kind of fear that throws in one’s mind? Where should I go, who will know how to cut my hair? Questions, questions and more questions raced through my mind. A few weeks later after I heard Roe say those words, my search started for I needed a cut. I felt as if I were searching for the Holy Grail. Driving down the road near home was a shopping center with the sign Barbershop, “what the heck let me try this place”, I said. After parking the car, I opened the door and entered the shop, greeted by the words, “Sir, please take a number.” Looking around there must have been 6 barbers plus the owner of this shop. Who should I choose or who will have my number, I was the newbie and there were no choices for me. I was called the barber was Rafael who did a great job, he is gone now to a new shop but I still visit the same shop, service is good and I’m happy, Senior discount and all.






NATIONAL PEANUT DAY – I still can remember the smell of roasting peanuts in the 5 & 10 cents stores back home as a child and that aroma still haunts me today. No smell however, can match that of the Planter’s Peanut Store in downtown Trenton, NJ. A small store sandwiched between other stores but the smell could lift you off your feet and bring you inside and it usually did for me. Roasted cashews were my favorite nut and still are today. There was nothing like eating hot roasted cashews waiting for that bus to Granny’s house. Thanks Mr. Peanut for the memories and my love for cashews.

Well there you go today Guys and Dolls, go get a haircut and have some nuts. See Ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, let me share a good one. I took my son to a barber down the shore and though the guy never met me he picked up on it on cue.

"Hey, it's shaky Bob, the blind barber, where is your seeing eye dog Bob?

This old timer was hip and with a squint and snip of the scissors he deadpanned "Dog died, you're next".

My kid was about four but that moment of hesitation before we started laughing.

Skip

JoeZ said...

That's a great one.

Mack said...

Peanutbutter crackers at Jr4 were very good:)