St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

READ AND EAT CHICKEN

Happy Wednesday, September 7, Speakies:

Today is the day of no really important daily celebrations. However, we do have a few holidays of the month to chat about. Talk about luck, this must be my lucky month ahem, ahem.

BE KIND TO WRITERS MONTH and READ A NEW BOOK MONTH – What else can I say about writers for I am one who has written a book and if you like to read I have a great suggestion on a new book. MINE, DETAILS ON MY BLOG. I have to push it, publishing houses are not beating down my door, I am not a Stephen King as of yet.

GRANDPARENTS MONTH – It’s great to be grandparents, Roe and I really enjoy our little ones and spoil them rotten. I think all grandparents do but then you hear the news about the abuse some children suffer and it turns your stomach. Love those little ones, spoil them and enjoy them while they are young. God Bless Grandparents everywhere.




GOOD OLD FARFALLE FOR ME.






NATIONAL CHICKEN MONTH – Sometimes I can take chicken, sometimes I don't miss it at all. I have issues with chicken, for instance, I don’t like thick chicken breasts for chicken parm I like them thin and hammered down. Now a fried chicken breast is great being thick because you feel like one of Robin Hood’s Merry Men eating at a forest feast. Chicken tenders are good with the right spicy sauce to make your eyes water. Roe makes a great chicken dish using the tender thigh meat and my favorite macaroni Farfalle or Bow Tie pasta. She combines it with a nice creamy sauce some peas, other goodies and lots of love. Great dish Roe, make it soon. Now we can’t forget that all American favorite “CHICKEN SOUP.” Roe makes hers with shredded white meat different styles of noodles depending on her mood, carrots, that great broth with those special spices, so good on a winter’s night. So this month support our chicken farmers and enjoy some dishes featuring our fine feathered friends.

Have a great day Guys and Dolls and be careful out there.






EAT MORE TURKEY

No comments: