St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, September 19, 2011

AVAST ME HEARTIES, YE BRING ME GROG





Good Monday Morning Guys and Dolls:

Hoping you all had a nice weekend and are ready to begin the new work week. I’m never ready to begin anything on a Monday morning, but we can have some fun talking today. Today is “TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY.” I remember the first pirate movie I ever saw it was Disney’s “Treasure Island.” It starred Bobby Driscoll as young Jim Hawkins and that famous pirate Long John Silver played by Robert Newton. As a kid I really enjoyed that movie it made me play pirates dreaming of treasure and sailing the Seven Seas. There were some great old pirate movies made and they are usually shown on Turner Movie Classics. To name a few are the Sea Hawk, Captain Blood, Black Swan and Against All Flags. I also enjoyed the Johnny Depp “Pirates of the Caribbean” series comedy, action and a few surprises thrown in. So avast me hearties and let us grab a mug of grog and have fun talking like pirates ARRRRRRRRRRR MATIES.

Batman, Batman, let’s all wish the original Batman Adam West a “Happy Birthday” today. So Speakies if you were born today September 19th Happy Birthday to you also. I’m going to kill two days in one today, as tomorrow I have some important things to do and may not have time to write.








Tomorrow we celebrate “PUNCH DAY.” That could either mean the drink or the fist, but on this one I have to go with the drink. Punches are usually served in a glass bowl with fancy cups and that long ladle that always spills some punch over the side of the cup. The punch I hate the most is the one with ice cream or sherbet in it, serve it to kids at their parties. I’ve tasted punch at resort or ship welcome parties and they all lack something mainly the rum. If you are going to make a punch let’s do it right don’t be stingy on the rum or whatever liquor you make the punch with. I want a punch that stands up and bites you.

Have a great day and evening Lads and Lassies I’ll be back soon to sail with ye again.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
I thought Robin Williams POPEYE movie in the 80s was good but the critics hated it. Thats my nautical thought:)

JoeZ said...

Mack: I liked the cartoons better.