St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 13, 2013

WELCOME TO JUNE 13 SPEAKIES

GOOD MORNING ALL,

For those Guys and Dolls celebrating their birthdays or wedding anniversaries or any other anniversary on this day, my best wishes go out to you.

Lets see what is popping as far as holidays today:

WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY - I have a small flower garden and the rest of my flowers and plants are in pots.  Now for my lawn, it gets so hot that the grass dries out and various bugs attack the my lawn.   My lawn has weeds, as long as they blend in and are green that is fine with me.  Getting to old to bend over and pick weed.  That was my summer job for my parent's flower beds and garden.

LOBSTER DAY - I love lobster especially when it is served on our cruises and free,  If I purchased lobster tails from a seafood store to cook at home, there would be trouble, I know that for sure.  I'll save my cravings for another day or when I am invited for a lobster feast.

For us droppers of the world, today we celebrate "KITCHEN KLUTZES OF AMERICA DAY."  I'm a klutz in any room of our house, especially with potato chips on the floor or ice from the refrigerator going all over the place.  Have no fear for today we are allowed to be klutzes in general with no reprimand from the little lady of the house.  Some of you heard various names to this holiday such as butterfingers, dub, lummox and spaz.  Ignore those words on this day and if you break a dish, grab the glue or make it a mosaic piece of art.

TURKEY LOVER'S MONTH - I love turkey on Thanksgiving but with only two of us in the house we prepare a few Cornish Game Hens with all the fixings.  Another favorite of mine is a roasted hot turkey sandwich with tons of gravy, mashed potatoes and peas.

GET HUNGRY SPEAKIES AND HAVE A SAFE DAY.

No comments: