St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

HAPPY HUMP DAY GUYS AND DOLLS

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

Speaking of Hump Day, has anyone seen that commercial with the camel coming through an office and asking what day it is?  One of the best ones.  Lets see what is happening today:

June 19:

EAT AN OREO COOKIE DAY - The only way to eat an Oreo is dunking it in milk, hot tea or coffee.  I did all three and enjoyed everyone of those cookies.  Originally called the "Oreo Biscuit", it was developed and produced in 1912.  This cookie has been a favorite of many for years.

MARTINI DAY - Make mine shaken not stirred with 2 olives.  The first martini I ever had was at my son Jeff's house.  He made something called a Dirty Martini.  On our last cruise during the "Meet the Captain Night", I had about 2 martinis.  A picture is posted on my main blog page, along with that beautiful woman.

I forgot some food holidays for a few days, so lets pay homage today to:

NATIONAL APPLE STRUDEL DAY - I love apple strudel.  I remember as a youngster, I always went to Paramount Bakery in South Trenton for granny to buy some, always delicious.  Near my parents house on Brunswick Avenue, we had Eagle Bakery that made a great strudel along with another bakery called Servus Bakery. 

CHERRY TARTS - They are okay, not one of my favorites.

As far as birthdays go today, I honor one of my favorite comedians, "MOE HOWARD, THE LEADER OF THE THREE STOOGES."  I still watch them today if I catch it on TV.  Have a great day and remember what the camel said.

No comments: