St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, October 12, 2009

PRO SPORTS NEW SCHEDULES BY JOEYZ

Good Afternoon Speakies:

I’m a sports lover, not as much as I use to be when I lived in New Jersey. There I was a fanatic Eagle and Phillies fan ever since my boyhood days. I saw the Phillies play in Connie Mack Stadium and Veterans Stadium. Saw those Eagles in person in the lean seasons, screaming my lungs out on every play. Now I can say I have calmed down, not watching that many games but I still hold those 2 teams dear to my heart and only hope championships for them when possible.

After seeing the notice on Saturday that the Phillies game was postponed because of snow, I say we need a change in scheduling pro sports. Here is my plan:

Baseball – Baseball players are referred to as “The Boys of Summer”, so let’s set up their schedule. Spring Training is held in Florida and Arizona, warm states, keep training as it is, beginning in February and ending March 30th. Start regular season April 1 and end season August 31. Playoffs and World Series to be held in September got a whole month for that. If a team like Colorado or some Chicago team is in playoffs, one does not have to worry about playing in the snow or cold. After all baseball is a summer game.

Football – No changes, 16 game schedule, playoffs in December with Super Bowl in January. Fine, no beefs with me.

Basketball and Ice Hockey – Now here are my 2 biggest complaints, too long of a season. Basketball pre-season starts in October and the playoffs go to June. Preseason should start in October; regular season begins in November and ends in February. Playoffs begin in March and end no later than the first week in April. Same for Ice Hockey no reason the long seasons.

This balances pro sports for the entire year, and not hearing gee whiz they are still playing basketball in June. Opinions are welcomed by all Speakies.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
Since I like Football and
Baseball best I want football
to end as late as possible.
I agree baseball should begin
playoffs earlier now that there
are 3 tiers:)

JoeZ said...

Totally agree Mack. Pro basketball is the worse, November to June, bad as Ice Hockey.