St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

HAPPY TUESDAY GUYS AND DOLLS

GOOD MORNING TO ALL,

As I promised yesterday, today I will honor May 13 and 14 holidays, so let's begin with no waste of time.

May 13:

TULIP DAY - Tulips always remind me of Easter.  Back home every flower shop had tulips for sale to give to Mom or Grandmom on Easter Sunday.  My daughter-in-law Elizabeth gave Roe a beautiful tulip plant for Easter and now that the flowers have died, I saved the bulbs to be planted later.  One beautiful flower to enjoy.

COUGH DROP DAY - I know I've been using them lately due to this sinus drip and allergies in the Sunshine State of Florida.  Remember the days ago when we had Pine Brothers, Smith Brothers, Luedens and still around are the Horehound Drops.  The Pine Brother's drops are hard to find, you can order them on line however, maybe one day I will due to that chewy texture.

I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU DAY - A song from Stevie Wonder.  Do this today before anything else, call or say it to the one you love.

DANCE LIKE A CHICKEN DAY - I guess we all could put some music on and cluck like chicken idiots and hope they don't come to take us away.  I remember when my sons were young, my Mom took them to the Polish Festival at St. Hedwig's and they heard the "Chicken Polka" played.  I can still see Mom and them flapping about.

APPLE PIE DAY - I love it plain, with ice cream or a whipped topping.  Just make sure those apples are plenty and the crust nice and soft.

FRUIT COCKTAIL DAY - To me a great fast snack, however, not enough cherries in there for me.

May 14:

CRAZY DAY - I guess this is a holiday to act crazy, like the Three Stooges for me.  Just don't do anything that is a dangerous crazy.

NATIONAL THIRD SHIFT WORKERS DAY - I know of one and it is very hard to adjust to that life style after working a day shift for many years.  The only thing worse is the second shift to me at least.  Happy holiday to you both.

PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY - All one can say is God rest in peace and thanks for the job you did to protect the people of your community.

STAR WARS DAY - This day is devoted to the birth of the creator Star Wars movies, George Lucas born this day.

NATIONAL BISCUIT DAY - Personally I'm not a big eater of biscuits or breads with meals.  Now a good biscuit at Thanksgiving is great to soak up all the gravy and stuffing.  So if you are really into biscuits today is your day to enjoy.

Speakies have a great day and a wonderful evening.


No comments: