St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, May 2, 2013

HAPPY THURSDAY SPEAKIES

Good Morning Guys and Dolls,

Yesterday, I completely forgot it was May 1'st and the beginning of a new month.  Let's hit those holidays for yesterday and today if they have any interest.  First of all we think of May flowers after those April showers, down here in Florida we need showers, but the wet season is approaching.  For you May birthday people your birthstones are the Emerald and Agate, meaning love and success.

Let me start off with May 1:

HAWAIIAN LEI DAY - I got a few leis in my day and get that dirty smirk off your faces.  Roe had leis at my surprise retirement party last July.  There may have been more at restaurants but right now I can't recall any of the occasions.  There is a Hawaiian lore that if you are leaving by ship and throw your lei into the ocean and if it floats back to shore you will be back if not, be grateful you visited the islands.

CHEERIOS MAKE THE SCENE - My favorite breakfast cereal debuted in 1941.  Now there are so many varieties made of Cheerios, just enjoy them as I do.

SAVE A RHINO DAY - I am not a big game hunter or a hunter in general.  Be kind to a rhino if you go hunting in Africa and if you see Ramar of the Jungle tell him Joey Z said hello.  Who was Ramar?  Look him it up on IMDB.

As for food, yesterday was Chocolate Parfait Day.  Some of the best parfaits I've ever enjoyed was back in Trenton, on Route 33 in a place called "The Parfait House."  Good food and ice cream in general.  I liked the Cherry parfait the best.

May 2'nd:

PLAY YOUR UKULELE DAY - I will not touch this day except that it is a perfect Hawaiian instrument to listen to.  Here are a few surprises on people who played the Ukulele:  Elvis (Yes he has left the building), George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Marlon Brando, Pierce Bronson, Bob Hope and Steve Martin to name a few.  Check out the web and you will be surprised who played this instrument.

BROTHER AND SISTER DAY - I'm an only child, so I can not officially celebrate this day.  To all my Speakies who have brothers or sisters, call them or see them today.  You are lucky.

TAKE A BABY TO LUNCH DAY - Some people will hate me for this but taking babies to restaurants, movies or on cruises is strictly too much for the little ones and their parents to bear.  We'vd had babies many times near us at restaurants while dining. All they did was cry and scream and we could not have a conversation with our companions.  We go out to dinner for conversation and relaxation.  Here's my idea, make a picnic lunch and go to the park and enjoy.  That is my opinion.

Have a great day and a wonderful evening.


No comments: