St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR

GOOD MORNING GUYS AND DOLLS:

Hopefully I have some good stuff to present to you Speakies today.

NATIONAL HOBBY MONTH - I never had a real devotion to any hobby.  I collected baseball cards, coin collections, painting at one time, which I may consider again, even though I hate to paint houses and the rest of the property stuff kind.  I would say my Blog is my hobby and I really enjoy it.  I remember the late George Carlin said, "Hobbies cost money, I have interests." 

HOT BREAKFAST MONTH - It would be great to have a nice size breakfast everyday, but think of all the calories and sodium in those home fries, bacon and sausage.  For me it is a bowl of cereal, or toasted raisin or rye bread, with a cup of coffee and orange juice later to swallow my pills.  Roe and I go out for breakfast once in awhile at Cracker Barrel or some other small non chain dives.  Remember dives serve the best food.  Want a great hot breakfast go on a cruise and really enjoy a good hot one every day at the dining room or buffet.  At home make sure those little ones have breakfast everyday to keep them going.

CHERRY COKE'S BIRTHDAY - Cherry Coke is good, but to me it brings back memories of my old stomping grounds, the Brunswick Avenue Pharmacy.  During my teen years we had a group of about six guys who spent our evenings at the soda fountain located inside.  Our friend Charlie was behind the counter and serving us Cherry, Vanilla, Lemon Cokes and the other great flavors that he created.  That was my favorite Cherry Coke made at the fountain by a great guy and friend.  Most of us guys lost touch with each other after high school, but like I said the memories are there.

WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR, MR. ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD DEBUT IN 1968 - My boys watched the show when they were little and I have to admit I thought it was a great show to teach the young ones about life.  I can still hear Fred Rogers singing that song.

Have a great day Guys and Dolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, breakfast is my favorite indeed. The best ever was in the galley at Naval Air Station Guam. I worked night and grave so I got a "COM-RATS" (commuting rations), galley pass so I could eat any time. The best was the midnight breakfast with everything cooked to order and you even made your own toast. Lucky I worked out because I went from 170 to about the 200 pound mark in the "Nav". The whole galley was actually pretty darned good and the only menu item I pass on was the Terriaki Steak; I'd head for the "Geedunk" and a cheeseburger. :)

Skip

JoeZ said...

Skip: The best breakfast in the service I ever had was working the midnight shift in the Command Post, when the US Pueblo was captured. It was from the Officer's Club sure beat the slop we had everyday. When I made Sgt. the NCO Mess Hall had good food and beer at lunch and dinner.