St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

NOT WRITING MUCH TODAY

Good Morning Speakies:

You ask why Joey Z?  I have to get started on water proofing my disability ramp they built for Roe.  A few years ago we put in an application to have one built.  Finally in October of last year they called and put one in for free.  Not the best of craftsmanship but services a purpose in case we ever need it once again.  The county does do nice things for seniors and it was appreciated.  I hate painting, now I love to paint on canvas but household painting is not my thing.  If Roe reads this one, I have not painted on canvas for years.  Honey Roe is far better than me painting, but this is my project to get into Purgatory. Wish me well Speakies, progress reports to follow.  Can't wait to get started RIGHT.

Let's check out a few things for today:

1895 - Babe Ruth was born.  I saw several Babe Ruth movies, but the best was with William Bendix a great actor in the 30's and 40's.  He also starred in the TV series "The Life of Reilly."

1935 - The game of Monopoly was released.  That is the longest game in the world to play, personally I hate it, but that's me.

In the month of February, we celebrate Kraut and Frank Week.  When is the last time you had a hot dog with mustard and kraut?  For me it has been a long time and sounds good with a nice side of pork and beans.  We will be tooting all night long.

Well that is it for today, have a great one.  If I don't write for the next few days come over and help me paint my ramp.

6 comments:

Jack said...

Z-Man.... I turned the tv on last night and "La Bamba" was on....

And as for birthdays, my mom is 87 today.

Good luck with your painting...

JoeZ said...

Jack: My son's friend who lives here came over and helped me pickup all the supplies, plus salt pellets for the water softner outside. He is a big help.

I taped Bullit last night with Steve McQueen, one of my favorites. Maybe if weather good tomorrow I'll start.

Jack said...

Bullit.... Still the greatest car chase scene...EVER!.

Keep forgetting to tell you, your Grandchildren are beautiful. They belong to Joe or Jeff?

Since I am throwing out compliments, and as you know, I very rarely do it, you look good in your photo with the beer. You feeling good?

JoeZ said...

I agree may watch that tonight, I have half of 30 Seconds over Tokyo left, have to finish that first.

Thanks for the compliment about my grand children, they are Jeff and Sam' children, smart as whips and fun to be with, wish I could see them every weekend.

I'm doing okay, waiting for a new blood thinner medication. The heart group wants me in the hospital again to do another jump start on the old ticker. I only have 1 artery completely open and it has been 5 years and no change. They want to get rid of the A-Fib, I'm suffering some. I get exhausted bending over, no heavy lifting for the rest of my life. Pisses me off, but I'm doing okay.

Are you still working or on medical leave? I hope all is well come March, I know how it feels to wear a bag. Thanks for keeping in touch, don't hear from many people, except Joe Goceljak, and Toni Raider.

Jack said...

Yo.... Stay positive my friend.

John Adams said: "One useless man is a shame. Two is a lawfirm. And three or more useless men are called Congress"....

A little humor from our Founding fathers!

Pouring like a son of a gun here right now. Supposed to get 10" of snow tonight. I don't see it. The system from the West won't get here in time to blast us as part of this N'oreaster. New England is another story.

Look forward to you Monday post!!!

Jack

JoeZ said...

Jack: Nice quote from the old boys. I try to be as positive as possible. You take care and I'm sure you will be all hooked up in March. Thanks for writing or as Mr. Migai would say Sato my old friend.