St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WELCOME TO FEBRUARY 5, 2013

Good Morning Guys and Dolls:

No good fishing results from the weekend, too cold and the tides were not in our favor.  We will try again soon, pictures will be available if the big one is caught.  Now for a little information about today and February in general.

ROMANCE MONTH - Makes sense to me with Valentine's Day coming up shortly.  Guys and Dolls it is time to think about a gift, maybe some flowers, a nice dinner and for the serious ones that engagement ring.  I forgot about getting married in this month for those Speakies planning the big event.  No matter what you do, enjoy the romance of the month and luck to you all.

WILD BIRD FEEDING MONTH - I guess I'm probably not the only person on this planet that takes care of our little feathered friends outside.  I give them a good diet of bread, some water and whatever crackers that are not being used.  They even enjoy my old potato chip crumbs left in my container.  My son Jeff planted a small tree or bush in front of our patio years ago.  It is now become the nest of a mother dove.  I can go up to her through the screen of course, say hello and she does not budge or is afraid of  me.  I have to see what happens when the eggs hatch and will give you the full report of course.

THANK A MAILMAN DAY - We have a nice mail lady who at times will bring our mail to our door personally if there is a bundle or something that will not fit in our mailbox.  I remember the good old days of when the mailmen walked, delivering the mail with their heavy bags and always a great attitude.  My grandmother's mailman was a great guy, always saying hello, how are you, have any mail for me.  Before I entered the service, I passed the postal exam and when discharged I turned it down.  One of my many faults in my life. Oh well life was good so I can't complain.

SALE OF THE FIRST WIFFLE BALL - Loved playing wiffle ball, especially with the skinny hard bat and not that Fred Flintstone style.  I won the home run championship at the Boys Club one summer clubbing HR's like Sammy Sosa.  Enough for today, have a great day and enjoy.

No comments: