St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, January 14, 2013

WELCOME TO JANUARY 14, SPEAKIES

Hi Guys and Dolls:

Another Monday is before us now, but instead of complaining aren't you glad that you are not under the grass today.  I know I am I want to walk on it today.  Let's check out some history today and throw in some other stuff as well.

BIRTHDAYS TODAY:

1850 - Jan Mieczyslaw, a Polish Tenor.  You know me I have to throw in Polaks when I can.

1875 - Albert Schweitzer - a great doctor and humanitarian.

1906 - William Bendix - a great actor in my eyes.  He stared in the TV series back in the 1950's called the Life of Riley.  He played man roles like Babe Ruth and my favorite war movie "Guadalcanal Diary."  You will notice him in many films by watching TCM.

PASSED ON TODAY:

1961 - Humphrey Bogart, one of my favorite actors.  There are a great number of movies I saw him in.  Just to name a few, the tops to me were Casablanca, High Sierra, The Maltese Falcon and To Have and Have Not.  There are too many to mention, just one great actor in general.


1977 - Peter Finch, actor from Network.  If I'm right he won an Academy Award as best actor that year.

1986 - Actress Donna Reed, she starred in the Donna Reed Show on TV and played many great roles in movies.  One of my favorites was From Here to Eternity.

STUFF TODAY:

1954 - Marilyn Monroe marries Joe DiMaggio, the great Yankee baseball player.  When Roe and I lived in Trenton there was a corner bar and restaurant called Rossi's.  When in town, Joe always stopped in for a burger.  His pictures cover the wall, he was friends with Gill Rossi who played with the Washington Senators in the 50's.  The burgers are great, not like those chain style burgers down here.

1956 - Little Richard released "Tuttie Fruitti."  As old as he is he can still belt out the music.

Hey food lovers today is "Hot Pastrami Day."  They look so good, but to be honest with you, I have never eaten one.  One day I promise.  That is it for today, enjoy and be careful out there.

No comments: