St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, January 21, 2013

GUN LAWS, GUN LAWS AND OTHER THINGS

Good Morning Guys and Doll:

When will the mass murders and homicides end, 900 since the recent school slaughter?   Here goes Joey Z., I blame those in Congress especially  hard asses in the Republican Party, gun lobbyists and the NRA.  Get your crap (I have to keep it clean maybe little Speakies read this blog) also.  Let's get rid of the assault weapons and ammo unless you are planning to retake Normandy Beach.  Assault weapons are meant for war. I'm not against citizens owning guys for protection and hunting.   Let me tell you militia people when the end of the world comes there will be no zombies and you will die in a minute.  By the why my favorite comedian George Carlin said what a name for the head of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, he should be making French crapes instead of supporting guns.  Just heard on the local news that a local county lost 77% percent on their regular budget for school upgrades and supplies.  Now with all the talk in Florida about having police in the schools they can not afford it.  Here is another real kicker, the Orlando Magic built a new arena with the cost mostly going to the citizens of Orange County.  The news recently reported that the management of the concession stands at the arena can not pay their bills nor ever received an approved loan.  Now the local county commissioners are depending upon the citizens to foot the bill.  Don't tell me there is a recession in this country, come to Florida and see all the visitors pumping those dollars in the economy.  Amen to this stuff.

Lets get serious now today we celebrate a couple of holidays I chose:

PENGUIN APPRECIATION DAY - I like penguins I think they are cute and wobble nice.  If I see one in Florida on the loose I will say hello and appreciate his reply.

CHEESE DAY - I love cheese but now have to watch the sodium.  My favorites are the White American Cheese not the yellow as they serve down south, tastes like Cheese Wiz to me.  How about a nice Swiss, a good Sharp Cheddar, a really smelly Provolone and others I can not mention.  Reply on your favorites.  Have a great day.


2 comments:

VargaTrenton said...

I agree. There are too many guns out there. Here in South Carolina it is too easy to get one. Also you can carry one in your car, and if you have a concealed weapons permit, you can carry a handgun holstered in your jacket and women can put one in their purse.That's the South. Babies, Bibles, and buffets. Not to change the subject but I hate Honey Boo-Boo too. There's a lot of them here. And you wonder why the rednecks are made fun of. Take care. Paul Varga Simpsonville, S.C.

JoeZ said...

Paul, thanks for your comments and please know they are always appreciated. I was stationed back in the late 60's at Shaw AFB in Sumter. Things were different then.

Have a great day.