St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY

Good Morning Guys and Dolls:

I keep forgetting to do this and that is wish all you January Speakies a "HAPPY BIRTH DAY AND ANNIVERSARIES NO MATTER WHAT THEY THEY ARE."  I was looking up some dumb stuff for January and here is a little list of what I discovered.

  • Gene Simmons, of the shock-rock group Kiss, earned a B.A. in education and speaks four languages.  Never knew that for a fact.
  • The New York Board of Education barred the whipping of children in its schools on March 4, 1908.  Some states are still in debate over that today.



  • During the Stalin era, education in Russia was stressed. As a result, a majority of Russian women and men are very intelligent and hold degrees. In fact, Russia’s literacy rate is about 98 percent.  I think its too much Vodka.

    As far as holidays go today, it is "DO NOTHING DAY."  I can live with that idea and I'm sure those working have the same idea.  That means, no work, no homework for my little ones, no housework for my Dolls and no manual labor for my Guys.  Sit on your asses and rest easy.
    Now for us foodies out there it is "FIG NEWTON DAY."  I like them but haven't eaten one in a few years.  We also observe "HOT AND SPICY FOOD." There are so many hot and spicy foods where to you begin?  Here is my list, add a comment and tell me yours.
    Horse radish - that will open you sinus in a few seconds.  I love that stuff on a good piece of ham or roast beef.
    Dried Red Peppers on pizza.  That will make your nose open fast.
    The lowest form of hot peppers, Jalapeno's are okay.  Now my sons love all those hotter peppers and sauces on food.  I want to enjoy the flavor of the dish and not cry my eyes out.

    A good spicy chili and my favorite is Roe's homemade chili.  Good ingredients and just enough spices to keep you wanting more.  I am ready for some so as the weather changes to a bit cooler temperature.

    Dipping sauce with taco chips and one of our favorites is at Azetca De' Oro located near Orlando, FL. You can not beat the food, portions and that hot sauce.  I am finished for today, have a great one and stay safe.

No comments: