St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LET US SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS DAY

Hello Guys and Dolls:

For those working it's Hump Day and I hope you have a  nice lazy day at work and a relaxing evening at home.  Today we have some goofy, some healthy and some holidays to really observe, so let's get started on those.

APRICOT DAY - I have eaten a few but not my favorite fruit.  Give me some grapes, apples, cherries, plumbs and I am set for fruit.  Throw in a banana for my morning cereal and I'm a happy guy.

January is "NATIONAL SOUP MONTH."  I'm a lover of soup however now-a-days I have to watch the sodium content.  Bring me back to the days of old.  Mom making her own Chicken Soup, Pea Soup, Vegetable Soup and once in awhile throw in Mrs. Grass chicken soup for a fast pick me up.
To me soup is medicine for the inner body.  My Mom's Pea Soup had ham, noodles, carrots, peas and the entire kitchen sink thrown in.  Roe loved that Pea soup the most and I wish for her she had the recipe how Mom made it.  I had to quit eating it one day when I had the flu and that soup did not sit well in the old stomach and I could never look at it again. Now Roe makes a mean Chicken Soup, just a good broth, some nice Dutch noodles, shredded chicken and carrots. So good on a cold Florida evening.  I use to like Progresso and Campbell's soups but just looking at the sodium I had to kiss those off.  Before you pick up a can at your local grocery check the sodium.  One can of soup can be your daily sodium intake.  I never thought sodium would hurt me but it can add plenty of fluid you don't need.

We honor today "SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS."  Just like the postman, neither rain, sleet nor snow will stop them from doing their jobs.  Just think of all the children they watch over crossing the roads to safety.  They deserve honor today.  We have a grammar school and a middle school down the road from our house with a bit of stoppage at times, but safety comes first and yet there are still nimyos speeding down the road and ready to cause tragedy.  Just slow it down butt heads and save lives.

Well enough of my soapbox stuff for today.  Have a great day and enjoy your family tonight.                             

No comments: