St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, January 10, 2013

HAPPY JANUARY 10 SPEAKIES

Good Morning to all my Guys and Dolls out there.  Today the holidays suck, but we do have some food stuff to celebrate.

January is "Oatmeal Month."  I have not eaten oatmeal in years, I am a man of cereal.  You ask what kind of cereal?  I like Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Wheaties and some other varieties that catch my eye when we are shopping. One has to have bananas in the cereal to make the breakfast complete.  I really enjoy eggs, over medium, omelets or scrambled eggs with some pork roll, ham and of course home fries.  But these days Joey Z is limited on sodium intake, but once in awhile I sneak it in mostly on cruises.  I have to admit Roe makes one great omelet, my son Joey could verify that fact. I forgot we are talking oatmeal today, I remember Mom making some great oatmeal from just the box and adding her own flavors.  So you oatmeal lovers enjoy it today.

January is also "Tea Month." I enjoy a cup of tea now and again especially a night.  Decaf of course as not to keep me up all night long.  Once in-a-while I sneak in a cup of coffee with a little treat.  I also have to drink tea when we go to a Chinese restaurant it adds flavor to the meal.  So tea lovers put up those little pinkie fingers up and enjoy yourself today or tonight.

Now as far as the food stuff goes it brought me back to the memory of Lisook's Jewish Deli (hoped I spelled it right or my reader the Skip will correct me) on Brunswick Ave., where I grew up.  The smell coming from there was great.  Giant Kosher pickles in a barrel, fresh lunch meat, sweets of all kinds.  The best part were the hard rolls and fresh bagels in the inside of the front windows.  They made for a great sandwich.  My favorite was a good hard roll with butter and a cup of coffee in the morning.  Near my Grandmother's house there were so many bakeries which specialized in their best products.  Sad to see them gone now.  Yesterday I went looking for fresh French hamburger buns for a good pork roll sandwich.  All of them were soggy so I had to pass those guys up.  Oh well enough of food for today, have a great one Speakies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That front window drew us like flies and on Sunday you had to time your visits to get to Lisook's at least 10 minutes before the next Mass would let out to avoid the line. They just filled the front window with crescent and kaiser rolls, egg and poppy bagels and you filled your own bags. We always got a "medium" pickle, I suppose he could tell by how soft it was. Their rye was good but down the street The Eagle Bakery had the tops in corn rye.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Skipster: You have hit the nail with the hammer on your call. Mom use to send to to Eagle many a times for rye bread. Good old days. There are so such bakeries down in Florida. Last week Roe found the best provolone cheese at BJ's. They still smell like dirty socks but so good. Have a great day.

JoeZ said...

THIS ONE IS JUST A TEST FROM JOEY Z.