St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

GOOD MORNING SPEAKIES

Hello Speakies:

I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and Day.  I know some of you are still suffering a sort of hangover, but off to work you go today.  As for me today starts seeing the doctors again in the new year.  I still wish you all the best for a new year.

Yesterday was "Z Day."  It honors all those whose surname begins with Z and that's me but I just celebrated the day at home with football games and leftovers from New Years Eve.  So a belated Happy Z day to all my Guys and Dolls whose last names begin with Z.

January is also "National Polka Month."  I remember the local polka programs growing up in Trenton, NJ.  My mother listened to Leon Fornal and of course "Mr. Sunday" Bernie Cosnoski.  That polka music played while Mom was cooking dinner for the entire week and even when we ate.  Grandma had the same going on at her house.  I also remember going to those old fashion Polish weddings where they always had a polka band playing and all the people out on the floor dancing, drinking beer and HiBalls.  The bands did through in an occasional slow dance to allow the people a brief rest.

Today we honor "Swiss Cheese."  I never liked the taste of Swiss Cheese until about 10 years ago.  I like it with crackers and some shrimp cocktail.  Roe makes the best French Dip sandwich with Swiss Cheese and I just love dunking that sandwich in the aus jus and enjoying every bite.  So Swiss Cheese lovers get and buy some today.  If you never tried it why not give it a go.

Finally it is "Science Fiction Day."  Most of my favorite shows are the Twilight Zone, which had a marathon on New Years Day.  I'm also a big fan of those 1950 science fiction movies like Them, Invaders from Mars, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Thing from Another World just to name a few.  So science fiction Speakies find one on the tube today and enjoy.  Well it is time to go so I wish you all a great day and a pleasant evening.

No comments: