St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Friday, April 27, 2012

WEEKEND WISHES

Happy Friday Speakies:

Well the last weekend in April is here and I have to start planning my May topics to write about. First things first let’s see what days we honor this weekend and as usual I’ll try to voice my non-sarcastic opinions on them.

WOODY WOODPECKER DAY – That bird was an annoying cartoon character to me with all that ah, ah stuff. I have to say one thing it was a colorful cartoon show. Speaking of woodpeckers I never saw one till we moved to Florida. There are some tall Queen Palms on the side of our house and this woodpecker comes by frequently tapping into the tree. It’s pretty neat to watch him go to town. Enough for birds.

TELL A STORY DAY – There’s a task for you Speakies with little ones today or tonight. A nice day time story from their favorite book or read them a bed time one before they go to sleep.

HAIRBALL APPRECIATION DAY – Go ask your cat to hack one up and the both of you can look and appreciate it. Maybe put it on a stand, light some incense and chant.

THE ZIPPER WAS PATENTED TODAY – One flick of the wrist upwards and your safe to go. I would hate using buttons to open and close my pants every day. Buttons are a pain on shirts as they are now.

SHRIMP SCAMPI DAY – I’ve eaten shrimp scampi in many restaurants but the best was the dish prepared at the La Gondola in Trenton, NJ. The shrimps were butterfly over toast points and covered in a light garlic and wine sauce the flavor and tenderness of the shrimp were out of this world. No wonder La Gondola was our favorite restaurant in the Burg.

Well as I dream of days of old and shrimp scampi I wish you all a great weekend.

No comments: