St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HONOR THE FROG

Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:


Let’s take a look at some of the monthly holidays for April.

GRILLED CHEESE MONTH – The grilled cheese sandwich is a favorite of millions. I like mine on Chicago Italian sliced bread with White American Cheese and slices of tomato inside. Grilled cheese and bacon is another favorite and when Roe and I were in Aruba, we had grilled cheese made with Gouda cheese that was delicious. I know the little ones are probably the biggest lovers of grilled cheese sandwiches, so Moms they ask make them one.

FRESH FLORIDA TOMATO MONTH – I going to receive some home grown Florida tomatoes from a friend shortly and I’ll let you know how they are. All the tomatoes in the local grocery stores are all imports, how I could go for a nice big Jersey tomato for a sandwich or a salad. I tried growing tomatoes one year down here, the bugs got to the larger tomatoes and I did have some luck with the cherry tomatoes. Now with spring and summer approaching enjoy those tomatoes to the fullest.

FROG MONTH – Yeah baby I’ve got frogs around my house, those lovely tree frogs that croak constantly on summer nights even more so after it rains. These frogs are like suction cups they stick on the side of your house and windows. If you ever played Frogger that’s what they remind me of.

For us food lovers today is “Cordon Bleu Day.” There is a famous cooking school called the Cordon Bleu but I imagine it’s to honor that dish known as “Chicken Cordon Bleu.” Chicken stuffed with ham, I’ve eaten it a few times but lately I’ve completely lost my taste for chicken in general, except for those whole roasted one that for us make 2 meals and soup to boot.

So much for today, have a great day and evening and be careful out there.





2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe.

I know there are Velveeta haters out there but I love that for grilled cheese or with pork roll:)I

JoeZ said...

I like Velveeta sliced and on crackers.