St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

HONOR THY PLATES AND PHONES

HAPPY HUMP DAY GUYS AND DOLLS:



Well half of the week is over and I smell a good holiday for me tomorrow and others out there like me but that’s tomorrow’s news. Today we do honor to the license plate, even license plates have a holiday to celebrate. I remember in my younger days my grandmother’s house was not very far from the state prison whose inmate’s job was to make license plates. I don’t know if they still do it there or not but the prison is still standing and filled to capacity. Talking about license plates the good old Sunshine State of Florida has a total of 104 different plates, that’s a variety and some you can’t even read with all the pictures on them. We have the following:

18 – ENVIRONMENTAL (CONSISTING OF ALL THOSE SAVE THIS, SAVE THAT STUFF), I WANT TO ADD 1 MORE TO THE LIST “SAVE THE FIRE ANT”

40 – MISCELLANEOUS

9 – PROFESSIONAL SPORTS

36 – UNIVERSITIES

Joey Z feels states should only have one plate design and if you want vanity wording pay the price for it. The reason because if you get hit you’ll know what state zapped you. I can picture this to be true, “it was a blue car officer with one of those pro sports plates, was it the Rays, Dolphins, Jaguars, the Heat, I swear officer they all look alike.”


Today is also “NATIONAL TELEPHONE DAY.” You have to admit phones have come a long way. My mom and dad did not have a phone when I was real little. My grandmother’s phone was that heavy black dial type, not the plastic kind I’m talking heavy metal kind. Remember the party lines, I do and I was a bad little kid always picking up the handle and trying to listen to what they said or just picking up the handle every few minutes. I bet people thrilled to get rid of those party lines. Phones have come a long way and probably still will. Have a great fun day Guys and Dolls.

No comments: