St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, August 1, 2011

TIS MUST BE AN IRISH CATFISH



Good Monday Morning Speakies:

That work day we dislike the most is here Monday, Nasty Monday. Don’t fret for this month I will bring you great holidays to raise your glasses to, birthdays and events to celebrate. First of all I hope you all had a great weekend and shared a lot of happiness with the ones you love. Let’s see what we can celebrate today:

August is “NATIONAL CATFISH MONTH” – I never ate catfish till I moved down South my favorite filet of fish was always flounder. Fried farm raised catfish is very tasty and light. Most of the times it is served with fries, hush puppies and slaw. Give it a try and you may have a favorite new fish dish. And don’t forget to order sweet tea to drink.

It is also “NATIONAL SMILE WEEK”, now isn’t a smile better than a frown. Ralph Waldo Emerson came close with his words, “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” I know I get angry and frown and I think most of us do, so pay heed to those words and change your ways around.

PLAY BALL DAY – Celebrate by playing your favorite game of ball whether it be baseball, bowling, basketball, tennis, golf or whatever else includes a ball enjoy it today.

GIRLFRIENDS DAY – That old saying “You Go Girlfriend” lives for real today.

RESPECT YOUR PARENTS DAY – I know my parents did a lot for me and taught me the difference between good and bad and I will always be grateful to them for that. Young ones listen up, love your parents, listen to their words of wisdom they have been around and have seen the ways of the world. Enjoy them for time is short.

As far as food goes it’s Raspberry Crème Pie Day – I will have to pass on that pie. Have a great day and a wonderful evening.


No comments: