St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, August 29, 2011

MAKE MINE SHAKEN NOT STIRRED





Happy Monday Morning Guys and Dolls:

Weekends are getting shorter and the work week longer it seems to me. I hope you all had a great weekend, grabbed your coffee this morning and ready to start a new Monday with Joey Z. I would like send out Happy Birthday and Anniversary wishes to all my Guys and Dolls celebrating theirs today. Let’s say Happy “B” Day to some famous people today.

1809 – Oliver Wendell Holmes – Physician and author.
1897 – Charles Boyer – Great French actor.
1915 – Ingrid Bergman – Actress “Play It Again Sam”, starred in Casablanca.
1920 – Charlie “Bird” Parker – Famous Jazzman.
1938 – Peter Jennings – New anchor ABC TV.
1958 – Michael Jackson – That Thriller guy.
On this day in history, we lost Brigham Young, Lowell Thomas, Ingrid Bergman and Lee Marvin.


Today we also celebrate:

LESS SALT DAY – Everyone tells you now a days, use less salt better for your health. I try to watch my salt intake by using more pepper, but one thing I will not give up is putting salt on my tomato slices. Salt and tomatoes need each other like hotdogs and mustard.

WHISKEY SOUR DAY – A whiskey sour is a famous drink containing whiskey or bourbon, lemon juice and sugar. It is shaken and served either straight up or over ice; the garnish is a maraschino cherry. When I was little the whiskey sour was a favorite drink at the open bars at weddings. I remember my Mom downing a few. When Roe and I were dating several times we went with my friend Steve, his girlfriend Angie and Steve’s mom to a German Social Club called the Arbeiter’s Club. They had a social on the first Saturday of every month that included an open bar with fountains of Whiskey Sours and Manhattans on the Rocks. Steve and I took advantage of those fountains. The social included a family style served dinner from salad to dessert all for cost of $10 a person. We had loads of fun on those Saturday nights eating, drinking and dancing. Those were golden days.

Well enjoy you day Speakies, see you soon.

No comments: