St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, July 21, 2011

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SNAKES













Good Afternoon Speakies:

Here is a true story from Joey Z; I’ll call it “JOEY Z VS. THE SNAKE.” Now we have a lot of snakes where I work mostly Black Racers and a variety of smaller ones all non-poisonous. Approximately two months ago I left my desk to put some clothes in my car. It was a nice sunny day and a little on the cool side feeling good to be outside I took my time going to the front door. As I opened the door I noticed a snake move back on the other side of the glass. This snake did not have the usual round head and it also had diamonds on its body, said to myself “this is no racer” as I made a fast dash through the door into the lobby like a cartoon character. The snake was captured and turned loose in another area I was told or it could have ended up as a belt. The snake itself was a four foot Eastern Diamondback Rattle Snake. The picture you see was taken by one of our biologists.

Joey Z’s advice “WATCH WHEN YOU WALK, KEEP THOSE EYEBALLS TURNING.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, we had a fool here in Tuckerton nailed by an Eastern Diamondback. He stopped his car to get "Snakey" out of the road. Old Mr. snake went up the stick and bit him on the arm. This was only about two weeks ago.

We have two variety of rattlers in Jersey, a pigmy and the eastern in addition to the usual copperhead that were in abundance at my Washington Crossing home.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Don't mess with the Snake.