St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

GRUNTLED, FRIES AND ICE CREAM


Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:

Be happy my Speakies for it be “GRUNTLED WORKERS DAY”, so spread good cheer and joy at work today. Enjoy a great lunch and conversation with your fellow gruntled employees. It is far better to celebrate this holiday than “DISGRUNTLED WORKERS DAY.” Believe me there are lots of strange birds hanging out there in the work place and personally I’m staying away.

Now for food, two favorites I believe for everyone:


NATIONAL FRENCH FRIES DAY – I love fries, the best ones I ever had were made by Granny Orlowski yes my dear old grandmother. I know I’ve mentioned this meal before she made one hell of a salmon cake meal which included her one and only fries. She had this old silver colored pot and filled it with oil or Crisco I’m not sure which one. She would cut large potatoes into 4 long strips and put them in the hot oil to cook on the stove. Don’t ask me how she did it but those fries came out perfect on the outside and tender on the inside, put on some salt and ketchup and I was in heaven eating them. On the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, NJ there was this French Fries stand that had those babies served in a big cone shaped cup covered in salt, they were so good. I guess I’m just a French Fries junky, I love them all steak fries, crinkle cuts, seasoned fries and even tater tots but all my fries have to be big and thick. You can have those shoe string fries they are not my cup of fries.





Now for something on the cool side “ICE CREAM DAY.” I had some regular ice cream on Saturday night the first time in almost a year. My ice cream cravings come in time periods could be months or even years. I had butter pecan over the weekend, love the taste but hate the nuts. I would have to say chocolate is my favorite and French vanilla running second the rest of the flavors follow any kind is good. Well so much for today, wishing you a great day and a pleasant evening.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi JoeZ:)
Gotta say about french fries..most places make em ok to good..they are soooo bad for you but absolutely delicious LOL.

JoeZ said...

Mack you are so right on that call.