St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'M TAKING A NAP, BUT SAVE ME MY COOKIE



Happy Hump Day Guys and Dolls:

The heat is everywhere it seems, I read in the news today that the temps in old Trenton, NJ might reach the 100 degree mark in the next few days. Stay indoors and drink plenty of fluids is my advice. It will be in the 90’s down here in sunny Florida until September so we are used to it. With all this talk of heat here is a great holiday to observe today, “NAP DAY.” Love taking naps and when I retire the naps will come every day. It is so refreshing to close your eyes with your feet up and drift off to La La Land. The only thing that upsets me is when the phone rings and it’s somebody on the other line with a sales pitch or something else that is stupid. There should be a nap time zone, no calling between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.

We also celebrate “NATIONAL LOLLIPOP DAY.” I was never a big fan of lollipops, but I guess if I did enjoy one kind it would be a Tootsie Roll Pop, I would never eat the Tootsie candy inside I’ve always hated taffy style candy. So if you are a lollipop lover get out there and suck one today.

Today is also “FORTUNE COOKIE DAY.” Those little cookies that come with Chinese takeout and contain that little paper with our fortune for the day along with the winning lottery numbers you must play. I have to admit I like the taste of those cookies and I know my grandkids like them too, they took mine the last time we were over and had Chinese.

Here’s a true story from the local news last night. A young man was arrested and charged with theft and animal cruelty. This bozo went to the local lake downtown and stole a swan and brought it back to his yard. The local police followed a trail of feathers that led them right to the bird napper. Can we say dumb butt? Have a great day, see you all soon.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe:)
Yes we may be a 100 degrees...pronounced "A HUNNERT"
in Trentonspeak LOL:)

JoeZ said...

Mack us Trentonian's have a language and pronunciation of our own. Have a great day.