St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'M FROM JERSEY, I GET NO RESPECT



Welcome Back Speakies:

Welcome back from a long holiday weekend and I hope all of you had enough fun, family, food and drink. I told you all last week July had some great food holidays and the first part of the month had some of my favorites. First of all in this first week of July we celebrate “BE NICE TO JERSEY WEEK.” When you meet people from all over the US, they ask you “where are you from?” I’m from New York or New Hampshire but us guys always answer “I’m from Jersey”, we don’t put the New in front of Jersey. All we ask this week is give the people from Jersey their respect. Thank you all.

Now for food, let us begin with the first week in July:

NATIONAL ANISETTE DAY – Love those Italian cookies made with anisette but also like the liqueur drink with the coffee beans inside the glass.

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE WAFER DAY – I like chocolate wafers; they are light and very favorable with coffee in the morning or with a glass of milk at night. Remember the little ones they all love wafer cookies. Hint, Hint buy some.

EAT BEANS DAY – Love those beans in chili, Roe makes a great pot of chili but right now it’s a little too warm for chili down here. Now is the time for baked beans, lima beans or whatever your favorites are.

BARBECUED SPARERIBS DAY – Roe and I love the same, Baby Back Ribs, small, tender and falling off the bone, messy with that sauce but oh so good to eat. We enjoy the ribs at Longhorn Steakhouse; they make a good rack of ribs. There are some good local places around also, but I’m not a fan of brisket or pulled pork nor do I want to bite into ribs that are tough and pretend I’m a Troglodyte. So I’ll take Baby Backs anytime.


CAESAR SALAD – My true favorite salad of all times. There was a restaurant in Morrisville, PA called Villa Sorrento that made the most delicious table side Caesar salad from scratch. I can still see the garlic being crushed, the Romaine lettuce going in, the raw egg being cracked and mixed in, all the seasoning, the anchovies being thrown in and finally topped with that great cheese. It was a meal in its self. I the place is now called Michael’s and according to their website they still make the tableside salad so if you are from the area stop in and try it out.

Well with all this food talking I’m starting to get hungry so I think I’ll stop and wish you all a pleasant day and a wonderful evening.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe.
Amen on the Anisette cookies, they are great..now I may have to go buy em now that you mentioned them :)))

JoeZ said...

Mack: I'm with you on that one and pick up a bottle of the liquid kind too.