St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

LOVE ME BUT DON'T PUT A LEASH ON ME



Good Wednesday Morning Speakies:

Hope you all had a pleasant Tuesday. I was at the Drs. getting the old ticker checked; a few weekends ago I was getting a little dizzy and spent the weekend in the hospital. I was a little low on a certain mineral in my blood so the necessity of a follow-up exam was ordered. I’m sure Roe can tell you I’m dizzy all the time to her.

Today we celebrate “TAKE YOUR HOUSEPLANTS FOR A WALK”, I don’t think so, I take care of them in different ways. My little guys and dolls always get watered, fertilized and spoken to with love. My favorite garden flower is considered a weed but these guys grow like crazy providing a great ground cover and a nice potted flower to me. The name is Purslane or science wise Portulaca pilosa a Florida native that loves hot weather and tolerates drought. I have a special little garden in front of the house named after my granddaughter and the flowers always remind me of her as I pass by.

We have a dessert holiday and a liquid holiday to celebrate also. “NATIONAL SCOTCH DAY” and “CRÈME BRULEE DAY.” I’m not a scotch drinker, I’ve tried it a few times but to me it tastes like iodine. So for you scotch fans enjoy a drink tonight at home or your favorite watering hole. As far as Crème Brulee goes I ate it for dessert on a cruise Roe and I took. It was good but not one of my favorites to order again, I’ll take a nice flan or a dish of ice cream.

Let’s say Happy “B” Day to two pro baseball players today. Joseph Tinker, Chicago Cubbies shortstop many years ago. Because of his great fielding thus was born that great double play saying "Tinker to Evers to Chance." He ended his career in Florida, managing, scouting and real estate. He ran the Orlando Gulls in the Florida State League and a stadium here is named after him Tinker Field. The other player was Leo Durocher better known as the “LIP” and I’ll leave it like that. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hope you feel better Joe:(

JoeZ said...

Much Better Thanks Mack.