St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, July 21, 2011

PSSSST SNEAK ME A PICKLE



Good Morning Speakies:

Hope everyone is coping with the heat; the temps down here in Florida are in the mid 90’s with that heavy humidity. Rain chances are coming back for the weekend but it does not seem to make the temperatures any cooler. We have a special food day today it is “JUNK FOOD DAY.” Now I know I can hear some of you say, I don’t eat junk food, don’t fib old Joey Z we all love junk food, so I thought I would make a list of my favorites, some may not seem like junk food but I enjoy them once in a while. So get your pencils out and write down your favorites and send me some responses, if you can read you can send. Let’s go:


Potato Chips – my original downfall favorite junk food, lately my chip choice has been original Wise Potato Chips, I like their clean greasy flavor and taste. For certain other chips I’ve lost my taste for them.

A new junk food has arrived for Joey Z – Cheetos Crunchy snacks that delicious junk food that turns your fingers orange.

Sardines – I know that they are not really junk food but I eat them once in a great while and to me they are a treat.

Asian Pub Mix and Spicy Mix – Just get me a container both go in shaken and enjoyed every time I walk by.

Pickles – Roe cannot stand the smell of vinegar so I have to sneak my desire for pickles, my favorite are the Polish spears. If you are Polish you love pickles.

Stick Pretzels – I’m talking the miniature ones covered in salt which I’m not supposed to have too much of, but what the hell I love them to snack on at work.

Nachos and Salsa – We have that at work occasionally, homemade salsa with those dip cup nachos one cannot go wrong with that as a snack. Well I probably could name more but I’ll be waiting for your snack favorites. Have a great day and enjoy your favorites today.

3 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe::)
I gotta go with STELLA D'ORO COOKIES as a fave snack food of long ago. The Iron Law of Stella D'Oro cookies is kids eat all the ones with icing first ! :)

Anonymous said...

Joe, let me take you back to the days of the old St. Hedwig's.

You walked in the door and past that window of crescent rolls and over to the big barrel.

Old Myer Lisook would reach in and get you a medium or well done huge pickle. I have never had a better one.

Skip

JoeZ said...

Skip: I see those rolls in the window and remember the big pickle barrel and they were the best ever.
Didn't the Lisooks live on Pine St?
I had some friends on Pine St.