St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Monday, June 28, 2010

THEY STILL RIDE AFTER 50 YEARS

Good Monday Morning Speakies:

Hope you all had a great weekend and are all bright eyed and bushy tail and ready to start the week. For me I’d rather be retired. It was a sunny, hot and humid weekend here in Central Florida. Temps were in the 90’s with the heat index around 102. It was the place to be in the air conditioning. I did a few shopping rounds as Roe spent the weekend at a Scrapbook Swarm. This left the whole house to myself to enjoy. I’m very particular what I watch on TV and I can’t sit still very long to keep an interest in a show that doesn’t catch my eye. My favorites are the History Channel, some cooking shows, Travel Channel, ESPN News and a few movie stations.

This Saturday night there was the 50th Anniversary Showing of the “Magnificent Seven.” I sat there and said I saw this 50 years ago in 1960, where does time fly? It was shown with little commercials on AMC so I said, it’s only 8:00 p.m. I can sit still for 2 ½ hours and I did truly enjoying the movie. I never remember the characters they played but to bring back some trivia to you western fans here are the Magnificent Seven:

Yul Brynner as Chris – he died in 1985 from lung cancer.
Steve McQueen as Vin – he died in Mexico in 1980 of a heart attack following surgery.
Charles Bronson as Bernardo – he died in 2003 from pneumonia and Alzheimer’s.
Brad Dexter as Harry – he died in 2002 of emphysema.
James Coburn as Britt – he died in 2002 of a heart attack.
Horst Buchholz as Chico – he died in Germany in 2002 of pneumonia.
Robert Vaughn as Lee – he is the only one alive today from this great movie and if you have a chance to see this movie I highly recommend it.

So I leave you with a wish for a great day and the music from the “Magnificent Seven.”

No comments: