St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 3, 2010

MANY THANKS AND DUMB LAW TIME


Happy Thursday Speakies:

Had a great evening celebrating my birthday at home with my lovely wife. We enjoyed a pizza from Al’s with a cold beer and just relaxed. That’s the way to celebrate. I also received a call from my lovely granddaughter and my son and his wife wishing me a Happy Birthday. Number one son called me in the morning and I received e-mail wishes from my future daughter-in-law as well. The folks I work with are great, received a nice gift-certificate for dinner at one of our favorite places, balloons and cake. It’s nice to have great friends and family, thank you all.

Today it’s Dumb State Law Day and the winner today is that Cheese State of Wisconsin. Let us proceed to check out their laws that will make a man shiver.

Whenever two trains meet at an intersection, neither shall proceed until the other has. – Okay I’m still shaking my head at that one.

It is illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese. – I guess it is because it’s the Cheese State.

All cheese making requires a license; Limburger cheese requires a master cheese maker’s license – For what to put in the extra stink.

It is a no no to kiss on a train. – Is sex okay?

All yellow butter is banned as people used to smuggle it in from Illinois.

Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in prisons – No butter for the yard birds give them lard.

It is illegal to cut a woman’s hair – What did they do instead?

It is against the law to wave a burning torch in the air – Let a couple of crazies swing torches around and see what happens.

It is illegal to throw rocks at a railroad car – Especially when you can aim for a passenger car with all that glass. Well that’s enough for those dumb laws for now. I leave you with a Polish Proverb – “Women cry before the wedding, the men after.”

Have a great evening Guys and Dolls and be careful.

No comments: