St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LET YOUR FEELINGS FLY

Stand Back Speakies:

Hoping you all had a great evening last night. I enjoyed watching a new show that my wife watches called “Drop Dead Diva”, clever show and it kept my interest which sometimes I lose quickly with other shows. We also enjoyed our Monday evening Food Channel shows which always makes me crave a slice of pizza or a cheese steak at 10:30 p.m.

This morning checking out the local news, I found a story that gets my gander up. Here’s a local mother who leaves her 4 children with little or no food in the house and her 13-year old daughter to take care of the younger children. The younger children also had rashes and were constantly crying in pain. Where was this BIMBO the so called mother? She was staying at her new boyfriend’s house. Luckily the children are now in the care of child welfare and the Bimbo is in jail where she should be de-tubed forever and sown up. I have no pity or feelings for a crap humanoid like that. Amen from JoeyZ.

Here’s another thing that gets me going, I go to check the local news on the internet whether it’s locally or my home town paper. I want to read the stories but what do I get these collapsible ads from car dealers, lawyers, you name it the damn ad goes up and down like a yo-yo causing me to wait to read the news. All I can say is cut this crap out. Put your ads on the side and make them stationary and not moving like a roach across my screen.

There are probably a few more things I would like to attack today, but I better leave now before I really get my gander up. Send me your pet peeves; I’d be glad to post them. Speakies have a great day and I’ll see you soon. Let your feelings fly, you’ll feel better inside, I know I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saint Hedwigs. Sad, I tried to get into the church just to look around a few weeks ago. Fellow kept directing me to the convent where they have a chapel. Church is locked except for Sunday sevices now.

Let me leave you with a few fond Saint Hedwig's memories.

Sister Mary (Hot-Rod), Honurata

Sister Mary (Enemy-Ann), Emily Ann

I had Sister Angela one year and it was like a vacation breeze.

I was from Ellis and they did call me Skipper .. ??? You are two years older.

JoeZ said...

Skipper, that's a shame that church was always open. I had Sister Honurata in 8th Grade, she was also the Altar Boy instructor. There was a Sister Gabriel I had in 3'rd grade that my mother had at Holy Cross when she went there. I was friends with Bob Bugdal, whose Dad owned that corner grocery store. I remember that candy store across from the school run by those 2 brothers. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh! The _____ yak's the two old guys one slightly balding Wozniak ... and the other with the hair straight back. The big attraction there was the model airplanes too!

Bob was a grade ahead of me. And as a good kid was not allowed with the street urchins. John (his dad) had the best veal cutlet and calves liver in town.

Father Ted ... I had to do "a bust" (environmental action) over at Holy Cross and .. about 2001 or so ... and I walk in and the is Father Ted who puts his arms around me ... had not seen him since like 1959 ... but lit up like it was yesterday. It was pretty funny.

I think every church and elementary school is gone now. Blessed Sacrament leased the school to the city about five years ago. Saint Hedwigs's had a city lease but I think the city opted out.

Sorry long winded .. Skip

JoeZ said...

That's right about the model planes, I forgot about those. There were a lot of good stores in that area. Willet's was my favorite, the Jewish deli, use to go there after mass every Sunday for rolls or pastry. Deal's Camera Shop. We use to hang at Brunswick Drug Store at the soda fountain and outside.