St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, June 10, 2010

GOOD OLD TV DAYS


Good Morning Guys and Dolls:

I was just thinking TV sure has changed. I remember growing up and all the new shows started in September and ended in May or June. I can’t recall the summer had new pilot shows or not, I think we just watched reruns or found something else to do. Of course one did not have the choices as we do today, cable, satellite and soon I expect some new TV wonder to pop up. There are so many choices to watch, comedies, sports, reality shows, movies, specials of all kinds, PBS channels, game shows you name it and it’s on the tube.

The highlight of summer evening TV for me growing up was watching New York Yankee baseball on Channel 11, with Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto. I would also catch my team the Phillies mostly on the weekends with By Saam, Richie Ashburn, Claude Haring and Bill Campbell direct from Connie Mack Stadium. Oh the sponsors, TastyKake cakes and pies, Frank’s Soda and a host of other Philly favorites.

Friday nights I remember watching the Friday Night Fights with my Dad brought to you by Gillette Razor Blades, “Look Sharp, Feel Sharp.” There was professional wrestling with such greats as Antonio Rocco, Johnny Valentine, Buddy Rogers, Gorilla Monsoon, Dr. Jerry Graham and of course my favorite “Killer Kowalski.” They had a couple of Indian Chiefs, Chief Big Heart and Chief White Owl also wrestled on the side of good. Throw in those midget matches and a couple of female matches and you had an evening of fun.

During the week on Channel 9 from New York at 8 p.m. there were movies and the same movie showed all week long at the same time period. This is where I first saw the original King Kong and remembering my mother telling me that I would have nightmares from watching it. Never did Mom, but thanks for trying to scare me.

Have a great day Speakies and be careful out there.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Joe)

We had the choice, with a decent
antenna of channels

2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 VHF
17, 29, 48, 52 UHF

I think thats it.
and if you missed Christmas Cartoons you had to wait until next year to see them !

JoeZ said...

Mack, I forgot about those UHF channels. I still remember hearing that motorized antenna on our neighbor's roof turning. Have a great weekend Mack.