St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Sunday, June 21, 2009

FATHER'S DAY

Speakies,

What is Father's Day? To some fathers it may be a new tie or shirt, a day fishing or playing golf. To me it's the memories I have and hold dear in my heart as I grow older. As a kid he was my Daddy, as a teenager he was my Pop, in my adult years he was still my Pop to me. A man who took me fishing, played catch, took me to baseball and basketball games and cried as I took a train to leave for the service during the Vietnam War. My Dad was my friend even though at times we never expressed our love for each other, he knew how much I loved him and I knew his feelings for me. He's gone now, so Pop, I love you and may you have a Happy Father's Day and may the Mets win today for you. Thanks for all your love and all you did for me.

What is Father's Day for me, well it starts with a special person named Rosemary, my wife, she blessed me with our first son Joey. This little guy was born 2 months premature at 2 pounds and 13 ounces. His chances at living were very slim, but Roe and I never gave up hope and now he's going to be 30 years old soon. Joey, I enjoyed taking you fishing, playing catch, taking you to the Princeton basketball games and all the other things we shared. You are a college graduate and now a hard working young man whom I'm very proud of. You now have a wonderful girlfriend, named Elizabeth and I'm sure one day you both will be married and have children of your own. Joey, you will make a great Father. You have the love, concern and that special something that will make you a Daddy your children will love.

Rosemary and I were blessed with a second son, Jeffrey. This little guy was born 8 pounds and a lot of ounces and healthy as could be. To me Jeff, you always traveled to the beat of a different drum. I still remember taking you fishing, playing catch, but you always had to do it your way. You have that something special, I can't name. Maybe it's that musician and artist's blood in you that makes you travel to that beat. You met a wonderful partner in Samantha, who blessed you with 2 wonderful children. There were times I worried about you and many nights I could not sleep, but prayed that things would turn out for the better. You turned around things around and when I saw that special present Sam made for you for Father's Day, my eyes filled with tears of joy for the both of you and the kids. Jeff, God blessed you with the 2 most beautiful children and a special partner to share life with. I'm so proud of you also. Keep showing that special love you have to them. I guess God blessed Mom and me with the best sons parents could ever want. Joey and Jeff you are my Father's Day Gift. Thank You.

For anyone who is going to be a Father, have patience, love and understanding. Listen to your children, hear what they say and than judge their intentions. I was never perfect, nor will I ever be, but I was blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 great sons. Enjoy your day Dads and your children for that's the true meaning of Father's Day.

4 comments:

jeff said...

thanks dad ,love you

JoeZ said...

Jeff, you are very welcome, never change.

joey said...

Thanks Dad, I Love you too!!

JoeZ said...

Thanks Joey, love you too.