St. Augustine, Florida

St. Augustine, Florida
May 24, 2013

Luee

Luee
We adopted Luee from the Humane Society in 1996. He was 2 years old, but still a pup. He has slowed down a bit; his age is catching up to him. He is the best dog anyone could ever have. Luee had to be put to sleep on April 15, 2009. Rest in Peace Pup.

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

NINA HULA 7/28/2012

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian

Jeff, Sam, Nina and Ian
Ian's Graduation from Kindergarten

Luck Be A Lady

Luck Be A Lady

Little GQ 12/12

Little GQ 12/12

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

Joey and Elizabeth

Joey and Elizabeth

Nina June 2013

Nina June 2013

Thursday, April 30, 2009

LOVE OR HATE

Dear Readers,

Let's have some fun with commercials. Some of you know that I have written my first book, scheduled to be published in August 2009. It was something I always wanted to do and took a chance and it happened. A Stephen King I will not be, I'm just hoping to sell a few copies to the world. My book is one of humor and sarcasm and in one chapter I devoted my hatred to dumb commercials. So my question to you is what commercials do you love or hate? Send me your posts, tell me what irks or perks you. I'll have this post listed in my subjects under commercials, so anytime you see one that you love or hate send me a post. Let's get it started.

I love the Windex Birds, the Cottonelle Puppy Dog at the Spa (Saw that one last night for the first time), the Heineken Beer closet with the guys. Believe me the hated outnumber the loved.

Hated: Those eyeballs on top of the cash for Geico, the mother yelling about the used minutes on the cell phone, and anything to do with that big headed Burger King jumping around like a fool. OK readers I've got you started so lets go.

4 comments:

Mack said...

Jingles or Ad Songs I remember
from back in the day:

"The home of Happy Auto Parts
where saving money starts at
Jimmies Used Auto Parts"-often
played on radio during phillies
games.

"If you've got a passion for fashion and you've got a craving for saving, take the wheel of your automobile and swing on down to
Ideal"

"Everybody goes to Gino's cause
Gino's is the place to go"

"Crazy Eddie his prices are insane"

"If you didnt buy your suit from
Krass Brothers you got creamed!"
(gets pie in the face)

For Todays Ads I must admit I
am entertained by hucksters so
I must vote for Shamwow Vince
and Billy Mays...
"The Shredder-Clock!!! Its
Shreds cheese and tells time,
no home should be without one!!
Call Now!!" :)

JoeZ said...

Mack that Billy May made my book, the stuff is neat to look at, but his voice is so loud.

Tom Glover said...

That obnoxious midget who the New York Lottery Commission uses to sell their stupid lottery tickets.

Madison Avenue is now staffed largely a generation, that don't know the meaning of "good taste" in commercials. What about that high pitched screaming "Hi Billie Mays here for Oxyclean...."

THANK GOD FOR THE EVER LOVIN' "MUTE" BUTTON. JOE. I COULD FILL YOUR ENTIRE GUESTBOOK WITH DISGUSTING AND SOMETIMES OFFENSIVE COMMERCIALS. THANK THE LORD ALSO FOR THE HALLMARK COMMERCIALS.
TOM GLOVER

JoeZ said...

Tom and Mack, you are correct, I attacked quite a few in my book. Hallmark does have heart warming commercials. We have a grocery chain here in Florida called Publix, their Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas commercials are fantastic. Have a great weekend guys.